Future Investment - Gransport or 3200 GT???

Rwc13

Depends how you define sat around. A car that does a few hundred miles a year on high days and holidays and is well looked after between drives will need no recommissioning. And that low annual mileage is unlikely to significantly affect its appreciation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Beat thing to do is drive them and not worry about value....They are their to be driven as God intended.

rockits

My 4200's use & running seems to work OK. It keeps it regularly used and run not to worry about any recommissioning but mileage is kept low that it retains its value/condition. Makes it a special occasion to use/drive & running costs might be met so free car in essence. Works for me

I agree with Peter that cars not being used at all or enough are a less enticing proposition for me. As long as they are used enough & stored right/well I don't see an issue. I would like to use it more but if I did it stops becoming a 'free' car for 2 reasons.

alfatwo

I was offered 25K over the weekend for my old 3200GT... which I thought was a fair offer.

Then I got to thinking, in the five years that I've owned it, take away the purchase price, servicing, repairs and the engine rebuild that would have hardly cover the costs..

So what do you do,move it on or keep it for another couple of years, that's the dilemma!

Dave

alfatwo

25K? Hmm you must know some people.

He only wanted it because of the very low miles, colour and the unusual original spec and the fact he knew I'd spent a small fortune on it!

I decided against it and so its back in storage

Dave

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Depends how you define sat around. A car that does a few hundred miles a year on high days and holidays and is well looked after between drives will need no recommissioning. And that low annual mileage is unlikely to significantly affect its appreciation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Stag has averaged about 500 miles a year over the last 22 years since I bare shelled her, been absolutely fine.
The Maser not much more than 1000 miles a year over her life so far, again, absolutely fine.
Both are used though, for high days, and kept in a nice dry warm garage under the house, not exposed to the elements does help a lot.

Ewan

Take Evans MCV (apologies in advance Ewan). It received significant care and attention via Emblem to bring it back to A1 condition and knowing their rates would be over £5k...

If I remember correctly the bill was about £13k. But that included some big and long lasting jobs, minimising future maintenance costs. Also, the work required was reflected in the sale/purchase price, so I've still (theoretically) benefitted from the recent increase in the MCV values.

Ewan

Saying that I thought the QP GTS would drop much under 25k yet the three on AT are 22995, 22500 which is Ewand stunning one and one has just dropped on at 18k black with cream and black piping and miles are low as well so what do I know.

I can't find this black GTS you mention Andy. It's not on AT or PH.

Andyk

Think it sold quickly Ewan....17995......it was black, cream leather and black piping....think it had low miles as well. Suprised me when I saw it but within two days it was gone or taken down maybe....But then it was black as most are unlike your unique colour.

stikey

Hi
the ac are very few left this is where my money is

Vehicles licensed year 2016 .
2017 2016

MASERATI
3200 GT ASSETTO CORSA AUTO
13 14