164 Cloverleaf

zagatoes30

The last of the proper 164 CLs, lovely cars. This one is top money but does look nice, if only it was the Q4 version ;)

Alfa 164 Cloverleaf

Matt it is close to you, go and have a look and tell us what you think

GeoffCapes

I still remember my first (an only) ride in one of those. It was in Rome and was being used as a taxi!

My first visit to Italy and the driver scared the sh!t out of me (no mean feat). He told us that if you give way to another driver in Italy, you are less of a man than he is!

I was impressed however, with how the thing went and handled for a big old barge.

zagatoes30

They handle really well especially the later ones when they managed the torque steer better.

I remember going round the outside of a 328i on the slip road from the M23 to M25, the look on the BMW drivers face was a picture.

Andyk

Nearly bought s 3 litre one....The torque steer was pretty bad but loved it. That is a lovely example Andy and as you say top money. Dont think I gave seen one as high as that.

Alfa Muppet

I have the Q4 and the take off is linear in all weathers and handling is amazing. Chris Rees from AutoItalia Magazine was astonished at the handling when we blasted round the track at the Photo shoot.

I paid only £3.5k for mine

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

zagatoes30

I would love a Q4, I already have a 155 Q4 so it would be nice to have the pair so anytime you feel liking selling ;)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Yes the 155 Q4 has always been a favourite of mine, with having the 33 P4 at the time, and JC on Top Gear giving it an excellent review, finishing off driving through McD's backwards!

Andyk

Remember that review Mike....He was saying the only downside was the left hand drive and having to back into the drive through. He really liked the car if I remember right.

Andyk

Loving it Andy...Is that wide body care on a Q4...Most I've seen have not been the wide body later model.

zagatoes30

Loving it Andy...Is that wide body care on a Q4...Most I've seen have not been the wide body later model.

There were only 19 narrow body Q4s imported by Alfa UK out of 2250 built, all LHD obviously, but a few more have been imported by individuals.

The wide body Q4 was never imported into the UK but there are at least 5 here now, I know of 2 Rosso, 2 Nero & 1 Proteo (mine). Veloces once told me they imported 2 Rosso & 2 Proteo from France but no one has ever seen of heard of a second one. Alfa only made 249 Wide body versions world wide so yes it is rare in both the UK and Worldwide. The Wide body cars don't have the spec that the UK narrow body cars have, they don't have electronically adjustable dampers, or electric rear windows and most don't have air con although mine does (at the moment it is likely to be stripped out as part of the current engine rebuild).

Mine is currently undergoing a very slow rejuvenation process which when complete should end up much improved over the original. It already has coil-over suspension, larger discs and callipers, big bore stainless exhaust and rebuilt diffs. The engine is currently being rebuilt to a reliable 300-350BHP using the hybrid turbo it already has, larger intercooler, modified head and uprated cams along with a bespoke ECU and mapping to keep it all together. The current engine was good for about 280 BHP and when on song it was awesomely quick and with the suspension upgrade and 4WD it would need something very fast to keep up with it. Unfortunately the current build was not that reliable, it had too many generic bolt ons that weren't all set up to work together hence the rebuild.

Andyk

Rare then Andy.....I had a narrow body 1.8 then went to a wide body 2 litre twin spark...Such a difference....they were chalk and cheese...

zagatoes30

Rare then Andy.....I had a narrow body 1.8 then went to a wide body 2 litre twin spark...Such a difference....they were chalk and cheese...

Haven't seen it for a while but the SZ is going for it's MOT tomorrow so will get to see the Q4 and get an update on progress