GTS Insurance Provider

vanman1936

Hi Chaps

With Admiral at the moment and they are £1,100 (42, 15 years NCD, clean licence etc; parked on the road in north london).

Anyone using a more bespoke provide that wouldn't show up on a comparison site that is worth a try?

Cheers

P

JonW

Hi,

Following with interest. My GTS is insured through a group scheme that covers any car, any driver, and my premium is c. £950...

phills1

If you have a fleet I was recomended Hiscox private client so am looking there this year

Ewan

My fleet is with Hiscox private client, via the brokers Pace Ward (as advertised in EVO). They are worth a call on individual vehicles as well though, as they don't solely broker for collectors like me.

With thanks to Ewan on this one for me,,,, got my renewal for my fleet with Zurich private clients and they jacked it up from £3,750 to £4,750! No changes!

So went to Pace Ward and Hiscox and got it for my non-renewal fee and and agreed values on every car including £90k for the 22b.

So really happy there and thanks again Ewan!! I think if you can get them 10 intros, you should get your renewal free!!

Stu

JonW

If you have a fleet I was recomended Hiscox private client so am looking there this year

My fleet is with Hiscox private client, via the brokers Pace Ward (as advertised in EVO). They are worth a call on individual vehicles as well though, as they don't solely broker for collectors like me.

With thanks to Ewan on this one for me,,,, got my renewal for my fleet with Zurich private clients and they jacked it up from £3,750 to £4,750! No changes!

So went to Pace Ward and Hiscox and got it for my non-renewal fee and and agreed values on every car including £90k for the 22b.

So really happy there and thanks again Ewan!! I think if you can get them 10 intros, you should get your renewal free!!

Stu

This may be a daft question, but when does a multi-car family become a fleet, or become a collection?

CLRut

Another with Hiscox here, via AIB the broker ; three cars covered, all unlimited mileage, all guaranteed value. Strad on its own was c.£900 with the two other vehicles still therefore coming in < the main insurer quotes received. Service levels also significantly better. Covered fully comp on any other car also if memory serves.

Fangio63

Mine on a multi car with Marker Study arranged through A-Plan..... along with a Discovery 3 and a Mito.. the GT came in at about £700 Land rover a little less + breakdown cover... and Mito all in about £1500..(54, clean licence, 10+yrs NCD garaged in Reading)

bigbob

It's on street parking in a city that kills it*, my Maser is under £300 pa with some random major online insurer.

*When I lived in Battersea I remember coming out one morning and finding someone had had their nice AMG E Class wheels replaced overnight with bricks and mark II Golf GTI bumpers were an easy remove and steal, happened regularly but my mark III VR6 was never taken. Miss those days...

GeoffCapes

My Maser and Merc are covered by A Plan at the moment, but when I insured the wife ML with Admiral they said that when my Maser andMer come up for renewal they would insure all three for £1200 a year.

Which I thought was pretty good when you consider neither the Maser nor the wifes ML have any NCB on them. (8 years on my Merc).

BigR

Another with Hiscox here, via AIB the broker ; three cars covered, all unlimited mileage, all guaranteed value. Strad on its own was c.£900 with the two other vehicles still therefore coming in < the main insurer quotes received. Service levels also significantly better. Covered fully comp on any other car also if memory serves.

Same - with Hiscox via AIB. It covers the Mas unlimited mileage and any driver over 30, plus the Lambo which is limited to 5,000 and me only to drive. Cost is... <cough> err... £3300 - I blame the Lambo :shh:

vanman1936

Yeah it is london I know, live in a half decent area but no such thing as a low risk price in the city as nice areas draw in thieves for high value items....still £1,100 seems high; my 996TT with 500bhp was half the price.

beau

my admiral renewal was £2000 instead of £1000

phoned them up, lowest they could go was £1700.

my bmw is with esure, just gave them a call to see if they could help, and they could! £707! well happy with that, 27 year old on my mc shift.

cheapest on the compare sites was £1400

O37

Can recommend Esure, Grancabrio sport (multicar policy, limited mileage, garaged, well into me 40's) £370 that's with a £42 discount as youngest now 16!

iainw

Can recommend Esure, Grancabrio sport (multicar policy, limited mileage, garaged, well into me 40's) £370 that's with a £42 discount as youngest now 16!

I can recommend Esure too. I don't know how on earth they can do it ..but mine was £320. Slightly under 40 10 year NCB, locked garage in the Mumbles.
Now with Admiral for the Cali and its a lot more. :(

Direct Line seem pretty competitive just now. However they don't do agreed values as standard.
Currently pricing around for multicar, as a couple of biturbos and a Saab 900 arriving this month,so this thread is very well timed. Many thanks! ;)

Scaf

I've been using Pace Ward for years and as said by others fantastic cover and great service - I love the fact I am covered fully comprehensive if I borrow someone car (rather than the normal 3rd party). I also had a big claim after a roadside fire and settlement was almost instant.