GT SatNav Issue

conaero

Forum Owner
After now having the car for months and there was nothing on TV again I took the opportunity to sit in the Strad and start fathoming the infotainment system.

Paired my phone, copied over the phone book, paired my phone to the media controller so I can play iTunes library, worked out what all the buttons do, set the clock and cleared all the previous owner info off.

So then I turned to the legendary satnav. As most have commented it's antiquated but if you spend the time and don't rely on 7 didgit postcodes it's actually very good.

So I found the diectory function where you can built a list of satnav places. So I stored my home address and even managed to rename it from the long and lat address and tag a voice command to it, success!

So I thought I would try and stick all the Le Mans places in but when I punch in the long and lat coordinates it will only let me select from within the UK???

So I panned around the map and the whole of Europe is in there and the maps are listed in the Maps section.

I zoomed around France and it looks like outside of The UK I only have major routes.

I have the maps at work that I bought for my last GTS in 2011, do I need to load in the maps before I can use the long and lat function outside of the UK?

Other than this issue I am really pleased with its function.

Oh, what is the latest update for the maps and has anyone got a copy they could lend or burn me a copy?

montravia

Sounds that you only what I think is called the 'base map' if its similar to Garmin stuff, with only major features.

I have a complete set, recall the thread elsewhere on getting a set for our use. I think it's 2016 but I'll check tomorrow.

Navcorr

So I found the diectory function where you can built a list of satnav places. So I stored my home address and even managed to rename it from the long and lat address and tag a voice command to it, success!

Classic mistake Matt. If your car gets broken in to or worse still nicked whilst your away - you run the risk of your home being turned over too. Perhaps unlikely but why take the risk - better to program an address somewhere else.

conaero

Forum Owner
Classic mistake Matt. If your car gets broken in to or worse still nicked whilst your away - you run the risk of your home being turned over too. Perhaps unlikely but why take the risk - better to program an address somewhere else.

It's all right sneaking into our house at night to be caught by the wife is enough to scare anyone to the hills.

conaero

Forum Owner
Sounds that you only what I think is called the 'base map' if its similar to Garmin stuff, with only major features.

I have a complete set, recall the thread elsewhere on getting a set for our use. I think it's 2016 but I'll check tomorrow.

Great Robin if you could burn or send me a set I'll PM you my address.

StuartW

Remember, I have a CD copy of Robin's UK 2016 maps here if anyone wishes to try them

Blondie

Oh, I'd love to update my SatNav if anyone can help.
That would be terrific.

Now all I have to work out is how to stop the grrrrr traffic announcements even though I've turned off the traffic announcements in the settings!!!
Any ideas anyone?
Drives me even nuttier than I already am!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Blondie, I'll bring them with me to Spain, give us something to do on the ferry other than drink ourselves stupid!

m3mpower

Oh, I'd love to update my SatNav if anyone can help.
That would be terrific.

Now all I have to work out is how to stop the grrrrr traffic announcements even though I've turned off the traffic announcements in the settings!!!
Any ideas anyone?
Drives me even nuttier than I already am!!!

Hi
It should be MENU / TRAFFIC INFORMATION / Configure Message Announcements / Untick the two options / Make sure you press OK
Hope it works out for you

Blondie

Thank you m3m, tried all that. Even Maserati can't fix it haha. Apparently just one of those 'Italian-isms'.

m3mpower

Strange...
did Maserati update the software when they tried to fix this? which version is it running on the unit?

outrun

Hey Blondie !

I've turned mine off too and yet it still gives me Italian traffic updates, even when I'm many many miles from Italy. I guess it's so Mondena centric that they have programmed it to brainwash us!

IMG_0107.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok, thanks to Robin for supplying the updated discs, I now have loaded 2015/16 UK, France and Spain.

I still have an issue though, I still can't select Long/Lat coordinates outside of the UK. I always prefer to take the time and programme in exact coordinates rather than rely on the dodgy address search function.

Can anyone tell me, do I have to be in the country first that I want to set the Long/Lat coordinates for?