Re-Spray costs

Ebenezer

Thanks Matt
Wouldn't want to do anything until after our little jaunt Espana! But certainly after that - Now need to square it with SWMBO since there are many other things more deserving of £2.5K (in her mind....)
Eb

StuartW

Spoken to Phil, they are not busy at the moment so he can take the cars whenever your ready.

GranTurismo and QP:

Price for glass in, bumpers and trim is £2,500 cash, 2-3 weeks turnaround

Front end respray (bumper, bonnet, wing tops and mirrors) £800 cash inc bumper off, 1 week turnaround

£200 extra for the rear quarter at the same time

PM me if interested and I will forward you his details.

The bodyshop is at the bottom of the A3 in Waterlooville.

Oh, and before you ask, no, I dont get a kickback or have any commercial benefits, he's a mate who I try and help out by putting work his way.

That does sound like an excellent price. £2.5k really does not go very far on one of these cars if you needed brakes, clutches & tyres for example, it would be in excess of that.

Blondie

Matt,

I know it's a 'bit' of a come down from a Maserati, but do you think your friend would do a complete respray of a Morris Minor for me?
And possibly a 1972 Fiat cinquecento? It's colour is Positano Yellow but it is more of a mustard and I want it the same colour as the Maser.

Thank you!!

bigbob

Matt,

I know it's a 'bit' of a come down from a Maserati, but do you think your friend would do a complete respray of a Morris Minor for me?
And possibly a 1972 Fiat cinquecento? It's colour is Positano Yellow but it is more of a mustard and I want it the same colour as the Maser.

Thank you!!

End to end a Minor/500 combi is about the same length as a GranTurismo.

conaero

Forum Owner
Blondie, Yes he would and for £2k as it's smaller and simpler.

Colour change, how fussy are you. What about the engine bay and the backs of the doors, boot compartment etc? This would be more especially as the engine has to come out?

He's always up for a cash deal so doing 2 he will sort you out.

Blondie

Blondie, Yes he would and for £2k as it's smaller and simpler.

Colour change, how fussy are you. What about the engine bay and the backs of the doors, boot compartment etc? This would be more especially as the engine has to come out?

He's always up for a cash deal so doing 2 he will sort you out.

Brilliant, Matt, would you mind sending me his details please? Thank you!!

It's not a great comparison possibly, but when I had the front end done last month, it came to £1,500 inc vat.
That was for bonnet, nsf and osf panels, bumper, front grilles and touch up of minor scratches etc on the doors and bubbles on the wheel arches. Finished off by a machine buff and only using top quality paint etc.
This guy does work that's as good as anyone else in Northern Ireland.
From opposite ends of the country, prices in the same ballpark. Often trades are cheaper here, for obvious reasons, so the prices you're being quoted in London sound exceptionally good.