Help - boot release cable stuck / flat battery

vanman1936

Well I bought a power bank that plugs into the cig socket, car doesn't pull a current through it (tried the various ignition positions).

vanman1936

It's has a light on the Cig adapter and this is on (so live), but unit turns off as no pull.

Tested the charger on my phone and it works ie stays on.

Yes has croc clips.

CatmanV2

So you need to get under the bonnet and connect the croc clips to the charging terminals down there. I'm not sure of the exact location, but there were some pointers posted above. If *that* doesn't get it open, I think you're stuffed :(

C

voicey

Where are you? I have a homemade adapter that supplies power to the car via the OBD port for situations like this (and others).

vanman1936

Thanks for all replies.

It's safely at Scuderia now.

Ended up giving it some juice via positive terminal top right under bonnet (looking at it, under engine cover) with a power pack - boot wouldn't open originally but did once the battery had some juice in it (started car first).

Something wrong with the boot manual release it would seem, unfortunate coincidence as was working a week ago.

Now to sort the battery drain out!

TridentTested

Get one of these, put enough power into the battery to get it opening etc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charge-Start-cigarette-lighter-ready/dp/B0035FAVI8

That's useful to know, I must get one just in case.

I parked at the airport, reversed into a very tight spot, and reversed up the the wall because I didn't want the car's nose projecting over the parking space. While I was away I had the horrible thought that if the battery was to go flat I would have no way to open the boot (it touching the wall) and no way to pull the car forward, it being a Duo-Select. Luckily it started on the button.

vanman1936

I have one of these in the boot - works great - will be in the glove box now!!

Guluman Portable Car Jump Starter 16800mAh 12-Volt 800A Peak Ampere Truck Battery Jump Starter Pack Up to 8.0L Vehicle Gas Engine, 6.0L Diesel Car Bat