F1 pump relay solution

samueluper

There are two versions. What is for our coupes/GS ?

Relay plug version:
--> 2 x 6.3mm + 2 x 9.5mm Terminals
--> 4 x 6.3mm Terminals

samueluper

do i have to reprogram anything? it is compatible with the FD Drive by wire module? many thanks!

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Someone will need to pull the relay and check. There are different versions as well

C

So the first one that has two different measurements is the one for the GS, and later model Coupes. It has the relay where two of the blades on the relay are larger than the other two. For the earlier model 4200's with the 30 amp relay it's the second measurements listed above where all of the blades are the same.

Chris thanks for posting over here. I already have this sitting on my kitchen table to install this week on several vehicles in the shop. I have a 2007 Quattroporte, 2000 F360, 2008 Twin Turbo Gallardo built by Underground Racing, and my Gran Sport. Though the price point seems a bit steep I think I am looking at if it's built correctly it will be a lifetime relay that has a diagnostic feature to it. I don't even know if the guys that built it realize that. I might add I am not associated with them in anyway other than them contacting me to demo the relay for them.

Sure I am excited that it lights to see when the pump comes on. Yes the audible beep can be shut off, but that is very necessary when you are alone driving timing the cycling intervals. But a lot guys are missing that you won't need a scan tool any longer to tell you whether it's your accumulator or your solenoid valves that need to be replaced in these F1/E gear cars.

See you have two different leakage rates on all these type of cars. Clutch solenoid excited or on, and then Clutch solenoid off and you cannot get that data without a scan tool unless you can time the pump cycles. Well you need to not only time the car sitting in neutral idling (clutch solenoid on holding open the thrust bearing). You need to time it while your driving down the street as well. I normally do this while I have someone else driving and I look at the scan tool. I actually just get on the highway in 6th, and time it then. What you'll find is the clutch solenoid valve is fully closed in 6th or any of the other gears except 1st/N while driving, if the pump cycles (can listen to the audible beep instead of looking down or over) come back to longer intervals you need to replace the clutch solenoid valve. However, if it continues to cycle all the time regardless of gear (audible beep) you know you more than likely have an accumulator issue.

CatmanV2

No worries, Craig. I rather assumed this was being sold as a lifetime item. Never occurred to me that it might be for diagnosis only :)

C

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Rofl......Chris. Also forgot to buttress that this will not interfere with the DBW module in anyway. Actually, this should have no relevance to any modifications you have on the vehicle whether DBW or ecu tunes, challenge stradale flash, etc. I probably will post the in-depth review on my website and tag both Maserati forums. I plan to upload videos as well. If you guys have any other specific concerns to ask that I might not be thinking of post them.

adam01

Interesting, not one reply from someone who has one of these fitted. are these new to market or something?
Yes
Relatively new

Trying to ascertain if there is enough interest for OZ owners to organise a group buy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I'm certainly interested, however...
I did contact the company regarding the cable length, as the supplied length (1M if think) would not allow the display module to reach the dash board area.
They replied they could not extend the cable due to signal transmission problems, and recommend the display module be mounted on the rear parcel shelf and viewed through the rear view mirror.
The geek part of me wants it on display at the front of the car!

Massa in Perth

Hi Adam, its a tentative YES from me, subject to proof that it works on our cars. How many units do you think we need for an Oz group buyu? my indy mechanic will probably grab one to try out.

Re the display issue, if the unit works so much better that the original and is good for the life of the vehicle, why do I need to see a live display? Isn't it just set and forget?

Yes
Relatively new

Trying to ascertain if there is enough interest for OZ owners to organise a group buy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk