Talk me out of a R8 V10

iainw

Oh dear, it's happened, we've finally agreed wholesomely in one statement!

I knew we were kindred spirits Dave. FWIW I think you should go for Ewan's QP. It's a stunning car in your favourite colour and is really good value. You bloody deserve it- you have worked your whole life
And bet your family are desperate for you
To get it and enjoy it. You are just too decent a bloke to spend money on yourself I bet. Just do it

iainw

Its got a Lambo engine!! It is a serious supercar and it is bananas. The interior is great. Any more Lambo madness and it would be a Lambo.......ok maybe not!

And comparing it to a TT is worse than me saying my wife has a Levante and its the same as my GTS. Or a Ghibli. The TT is a decent car.....Maserati management would wet their pants at the thought of having something as successful. Afterall thats what they want isnt it - to be the Italian BMW, Audi etc?

Maserati have an awesome brand name. People love it. Fiat management don't seem to love it.

Have to agree with Rags on this one. You can't compare his car to a TT. That's just ridiculous

Rags

You can get stunning 458s for around 160 with less than 5,000 miles. Was that an option.
My
Finger is on the trigger but I am scared of my wife's reaction

I would love one. I bought the Audi as a bit of a stop gap. Got it for £130k - 1 month old and 200 miles only on the clock. Listed at £153k I think. My dream car would be a Ferrari - I have never owned one.

iainw

Get a black one, she won't notice it under a tarp in your garage!!

You are probably right. I have a plan... it will be hatched with the Main dealers of course. My car will have a total engine failure around December (cue xmas present to myself) and I will be forced to trade it in reluctantly for a 458. This plan will only work if I can find a baby seat for my partner in crime as she enjoys it as much as I do!

D Walker

I knew we were kindred spirits Dave. FWIW I think you should go for Ewan's QP. It's a stunning car in your favourite colour and is really good value. You bloody deserve it- you have worked your whole life
And bet your family are desperate for you
To get it and enjoy it. You are just too decent a bloke to spend money on yourself I bet. Just do it
Remind me, plastic surgeon or psychologist, tho you are right, ish!
Ewan's car is lovely, in my colour, but I want a coupe for weekend fun so looking for 2 that can fit in my budget!!
And yes, kindred spirits!!
I think!!

rockits

Its got a Lambo engine!! It is a serious supercar and it is bananas. The interior is great. Any more Lambo madness and it would be a Lambo.......ok maybe not!

And comparing it to a TT is worse than me saying my wife has a Levante and its the same as my GTS. Or a Ghibli. The TT is a decent car.....Maserati management would wet their pants at the thought of having something as successful. Afterall thats what they want isnt it - to be the Italian BMW, Audi etc?

Maserati have an awesome brand name. People love it. Fiat management don't seem to love it.

Not sure you going to get much change or support on a Maser forum trying to get support for an R8 V10 Plus or otherwise. Your trying to convince the complete wrong people. Remember Maggie saying this lady is not for turning...same thing.

It is too good, too quick and too boring for most on here but no question is a very very capable car. The TT was bloody awful I thought. Rock hard ride with no compliance. Understeered for England and lots around.....even diesels! Don't get me started on flat bottomed steering wheels!! I obviously am not going to compare a TT to an R8 but to the uneducated just on looks and first glances alone I can imagine loads would look at an R8 and say....nice TT that. Surely that has to grate on R8 owners.

Let me try something....not sure it will work but I'll give it a punt:

R8 Interior.jpgMC Interior.jpgStrad 1.jpgR8 1.jpgStrad 2.jpgR8 3.jpg

Attachments

• R8 2.jpg
    R8 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 42

iainw

I would love one. I bought the Audi as a bit of a stop gap. Got it for £130k - 1 month old and 200 miles only on the clock. Listed at £153k I think. My dream car would be a Ferrari - I have never owned one.

**** that's a good deal mate. 23k off. If I could get 10k off a listed 458 I would bite.
I have to say ( quietly on this forum)- I have been blown away by the Ferrari. For all I loved the GTs - even the 'entry level' Cali has amazed me. The main dealers couldn't have been better. They just delivered a Cali T to my door this evening as mine had to go in for a warning light and they wanted me to have a Ferrari for bank holiday weekend!
I can't imagine myself in anything else for the foreseeable. But I do have to stop looking at the figures. As rockets says - in the real world it just doesn't make ANY sense. But I have an illness. The fact no one around me has it makes it harder to Deal with. I need to move to an area more populated by forum members.

iainw

Not sure you going to get much change or support on a Maser forum trying to get support for an R8 V10 Plus or otherwise. Your trying to convince the complete wrong people. Remember Maggie saying this lady is not for turning...same thing.

It is too good, too quick and too boring for most on here but no question is a very very capable car. The TT was bloody awful I thought. Rock hard ride with no compliance. Understeered for England and lots around.....even diesels! Don't get me started on flat bottomed steering wheels!! I obviously am not going to compare a TT to an R8 but to the uneducated just on looks and first glances alone I can imagine loads would look at an R8 and say....nice TT that. Surely that has to grate on R8 owners.

Let me try something....not sure it will work but I'll give it a punt:

View attachment 45066View attachment 45067View attachment 45068View attachment 45069View attachment 45070View attachment 45073

A good point well made. Some maserati models just still have 'it'

Rags

BTW Rockits - I never said I thought the Audi looked better than the Maz ! Just making that point so there is no confusion on my view lol

D Walker

Got to say, loving tonight's debate, which is one thing this forum is generally good at, objective, subjective, and at times tongue in cheek pee taking!!

Rags

**** that's a good deal mate. 23k off. If I could get 10k off a listed 458 I would bite.
I have to say ( quietly on this forum)- I have been blown away by the Ferrari. For all I loved the GTs - even the 'entry level' Cali has amazed me. The main dealers couldn't have been better. They just delivered a Cali T to my door this evening as mine had to go in for a warning light and they wanted me to have a Ferrari for bank holiday weekend!
I can't imagine myself in anything else for the foreseeable. But I do have to stop looking at the figures. As rockets says - in the real world it just doesn't make ANY sense. But I have an illness. The fact no one around me has it makes it harder to Deal with. I need to move to an area more populated by forum members.

I have a deposit down on a 488. Im scared at making the commitment to buy one though. Worried that I would be too scared to really enjoy it. Ferrari being amazing is beyond doubt!

rockits

Don't get me wrong Rags....your R8 is a cracking and lovely car. However the German interpretation of a supercar is just a very different thing to the Italian interpretation.

I know the R8 even a V8 is a world apart from a TT. The V10 is two worlds apart. I know and appreciate this and this is not up for discussion or debate....it is a given. No offence meant.

iainw

I have a deposit down on a 488. Im scared at making the commitment to buy one though. Worried that I would be too scared to really enjoy it. Ferrari being amazing is beyond doubt!

You won't lose much on it. Why scared to enjoy it? Just love and live the moment. I park mine in the hospital car park. Got nothing but positive comments from everyone. The R8 is as likely to be scratched , bumped or nicked etc. Just probably
A good idea not to get red to reduce chances further! I have to say I didn't like the sound and feel of the turbo as Mutch as the N/A one... but god it looks good