Breakdown Cover

FF1078

As the title states I think I'm going to invest in breakdown cover
I'm always stressing while driving thinking what if I get a flat because the pump and gunk is of no use what so ever from what I've heard.

What I would like to know is I've heard some suppliers wont cover cars that dont have spare wheels which obviously means Masser's
Is this true and if so who do you use that does cover you please?

Nick

CLRut

Nick - I have AA cover via a Lloyds packaged bank account and have called them out to the TVR (also no spare wheel) on a number of occasions. Never had issues and not once been asked about it.

Wack61

As most cars don't have spare wheels anymore I think they info you have is out of date

If you're going with one of the big names try quidco , this year I paid £258 for 2 people in any vehicle plus their £500 warranty on the 4200 and got £120 cash back through quidco

allandwf

I use the AA, Have used them twice for punctures when gunk wouldn't do. No issues. Also used them a couple of time with family, dogs etc. Again no issues, even went out their way to help us, it was a 200 mile trip.

CatmanV2

While it's hugely annoying that the AA try to put our premium up every damned year (after about 27 years of continuous membership by Mrs Catman) their service is usually pretty damned good.

They took Mrs Catman's 147 away a couple of weeks ago due to the blown head gasket. Took a shed load of photos before they loaded it up, and a load more when the unloaded. Even came back to ask if I wanted the guy to pump up the NSR tyre as it was a bit soft.

The app is good as well. Let's you report a breakdown and track your patrol

C

vanman1936

So AA and RAC both screw you if you renew, no new member discount. I alternate between the 2 via quidco and get £100 cash back.

GeoffCapes

I'm with the RAC and just pay monthly so no annual contract. Can leave whenever I want.

It £22 for me and the missus, any car we're in Europe wide.
Home start, recovery, hotel stay if needed. All the whistles and bells.

hukent

Have a look at AutoAid.
It covers you and partner, in any vehicle, great cover and cheaper than the rest.
Very good reviews.

jasst

I'm with AutoAid, costs £42 /year, if you need to call someone out you pay them, and then recover costs from Autoaid, as recommended by Martin Lewis.

conaero

Forum Owner
I'm with the RAC and just pay monthly so no annual contract. Can leave whenever I want.

It £22 for me and the missus, any car we're in Europe wide.
Home start, recovery, hotel stay if needed. All the whistles and bells.

With the Euro cover that's not a bad price.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I use RAC - covers me and Mrs MarkMas, in any vehicle. Very happy with the service.

But Greenflag have been advertising on TV that they are better, and say they will halve your renewal quote from AA or RAC (presumably just a 1st year incentive).