MC Shift vs MC Auto Shift

iainw

The auto may not give the 100 millisecond shift time that you get with the MC-Shift (when warmed up, in sport mode, above 5500rpm and with the additional 10bhp) but it has advantages all of its own. Mine was bought purely as a weekend, country lane toy, so for me it had to be an MC-Shift or Strad, but I can see why for most people, especially those using it to commute, the auto could be more convenient.

Also, for a car of the same year, spec and mileage, the auto is a few £k cheaper to buy as well as to run (no clutch).

Not sure many people would notice the 100 ms difference in shift time as you are insinuating. But the sound is different. And people do notice that.

bigbob

MC Shift in sport mode does sound better than auto on gear changes but if you adjust the auto valves to stay open below 3000 revs then the sound is the same otherwise.

Rwc13

Personally, having spent a lot of time with all three, as standard, I think the facelift MC Auto Shift cars sound the best.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonW

Jon, like you, I was under the impression that the 4.7 Auto with the Sport pack had the same box as the facelift MC Auto Shift. Thank you very much for your kind offer. I'm just south of Tunbridge Wells in E Sussex.

Pete - message me if you want to try and sort something out. I'm in between Epsom and Leatherhead, so Junction 9, M25. which means we're about an hours drive away. I occasionally head that way and down through East Grinstead when I fancy a drive...

iainw

Personally, having spent a lot of time with all three, as standard, I think the facelift MC Auto Shift cars sound the best.......

The mc cabrio I had for a bit - even with the top down, didn't sound as good as the MC shift.
Doesn't that have the same gearbox and even better exhaust system?

Rwc13

Same gearbox if all facelift I believe, but different exhaust system - and I was talking coupes, haven't sampled the GCs. And was your MC Shift exhaust standard?

iainw

Same gearbox if all facelift I believe, but different exhaust system - and I was talking coupes, haven't sampled the GCs. And was your MC Shift exhaust standard?

It was for first few months then added an X but nothing major. The x didn't change it that much IMO