Looking for a 4200

Needamaser

Doh! I should have previewed before I sent the photos! It looks better up the right way!

Yes, this was Nicholas's car so it has been very well cared for.

That is an understatement. He was fastidious about the car. From memory he replaced all discs and pads, clutch, tyres and a door seal in the year before it was for sale and I understand all parts were perfectly serviceable but he would settle for nothing but perfect.
You got a cracking car. PK adjusted the cables and the gearbox was super smooth.

Andyk

Doh! I should have previewed before I sent the photos! It looks better up the right way!

Yes, this was Nicholas's car so it has been very well cared for.

Now that looks like a lovely car......Lovely photos....

BuckRog64

This is an interesting thread. Lot's of good feedback and equally good responses to the more critical challenges. As you say, there will do doubt have to be some compromise on price/mileage/facelift if you want to buy quickly. But what is clear from everything you read on this forum is that don't compromise on mechanical condition as the short term ownership will not be pleasurable and will be expensive.

Look forward to reading running reports once you have bought one.

rossyl

Just starting to watch your videos...got to say I LOVE this idea.

Do try and give all the highs and lows. The sale of the BMW M3 sounded a little fraught. The Mini brakes issue etc. All petrol-heads go through ups and downs and feel your pain and are often happy to hear about them.

Also great to watch your own improvements in film-making.

jack.pe

This is an interesting thread. Lot's of good feedback and equally good responses to the more critical challenges. As you say, there will do doubt have to be some compromise on price/mileage/facelift if you want to buy quickly. But what is clear from everything you read on this forum is that don't compromise on mechanical condition as the short term ownership will not be pleasurable and will be expensive.

Look forward to reading running reports once you have bought one.

Thanks and agree on the mechanical condition!

Just starting to watch your videos...got to say I LOVE this idea.

Do try and give all the highs and lows. The sale of the BMW M3 sounded a little fraught. The Mini brakes issue etc. All petrol-heads go through ups and downs and feel your pain and are often happy to hear about them.

Also great to watch your own improvements in film-making.

Brilliant, great that you like the idea and videos! They are a work in progress!

I have spoken to Dicky Grace and will be going over tomorrow to collect a car from him. I know I said I was not going to buy from a dealer but once I spoke to him i changed my mind. I may be keeping this car a bit longer than first planned but it will still be part of the 12 cars thing.

I'm keeping which one a surprise but I'll send pics once I have it..

jack.pe

Well, that was a bit premature, did not end up getting either car and still on the look out! I have chased up the manual car in Scotland and may go for that. Will think things over for a few days and let you guys know.

jack.pe

Bit of an update on my search so far and on my 12 cars thing... am still looking and think I've found a car but will let you know once I know for sure!

[video=youtube;HZrueFjjqGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZrueFjjqGI[/video]

rockits

I might try a 10 car for £100k garage. I'm not far away. I have 8 cars and spent £86000 to date I think. Two cars left and £14k left.....mmmmm.

D Walker

Do you want a Fiat 500, swmbo days I can have a QP and Cayman S but the Fiat has to go!!
Struggling!
It's odd, I really like the bloody thing!!

rockits

A Fiat 500....no...a baby blue Fiat 500...no no. An Abarth...maybe.

I'm sure you will get over losing the Fiat 500 soon enough ;) What you waiting for....you have the green light from the boss. If that were me the QP and Cayman S would be on the drive my now.

D Walker

Only cause you've seen it!
I've a Cayman to follow up on tommorrow!!
Problem is the 2 I fancy don't fit in the budget!!

rockits

Good man...thats more like it. Is it close to budget or miles off? Nothing wrong with cheeky take it or walk away offers.

rockits

I just go for numbers....I bid on a lot of cars...many laugh or don't accept...I have walked away from many. Now and again you get a deal of a car at a good price. I don't do much very clever or special. I'm sure Manc Phil would be harder & harsher just by culture.

jack.pe

I might try a 10 car for £100k garage. I'm not far away. I have 8 cars and spent £86000 to date I think. Two cars left and £14k left.....mmmmm.

Hahaha!! :rofl5:
Yep that's sounds great.. you've got some cool cars in your stable!!

Just sold the Lotus... [video]https://youtu.be/tOf9ndQOPWM[/video]
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOf9ndQOPWM[/video]

jack.pe

Picked up my new GranSport last night! Sorry but have no pics right now aside from a couple of details shots, looks pretty identical to the car in the third pic though. Was for Sale at Giallo and I then bought it through Bestie on this forum. It has an x-pipe but is crying out for more noise. Anyone here got any Aftermarket GranSport end boxes they are selling? I'd like to keep te switchable baffles.
IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2761.jpg
IMG_2752.JPG

GeoffCapes

If you want more noise, switch from an X to a H pipe. No need to change the rear boxes.

If you still want to change them you can go down either Larini, Tubi or Quicksilver route.

jack.pe

If you want more noise, switch from an X to a H pipe. No need to change the rear boxes.

If you still want to change them you can go down either Larini, Tubi or Quicksilver route.

Thanks, H pipe would be by far the cheaper option but I don't really think it would make enough difference... i think it would have to be wither some sport cats or end boxes..

CatmanV2

Per the other thread, I think you're going to need cats. The valved boxes are pretty much unsilenced

C