ALTON Italian Car Breakfast Meet

Ross156

Thanks to those who came, and despite the bad forecast it was mostly dry until it it was time to leave.

We smashed the previous record, with 90 cars in attendance- brilliant variety, and very nice to see some more Maseratis, including a very nice Ghibli Cup. Apologies if any of you were there and I didn't get to speak to you- I spent the whole time talking to people. If it had been a better forecast I think we would have broken the 100 mark easily.

Our friendly blogger has made another video, which you can see here...

https://youtu.be/HGN3Pk8e1TA

Really hope to see you all again in April when we re-start for next year. We also had the editor of Auto Italia magazine there, so may get a mini write up there too.

Best,
Ross

conaero

Forum Owner
Dont think thats the case? I spoke to the organiser several times last year and no mention of that (for the Alton meet) The Horsham one I seem to remember that the Italian day was not restricted but there was another day, supercar or something where it was.

We will be turning up in force as normal.

Ross156

Hello All,

Yes, we are looking forward to our next meet - the first of this year - on Saturday the 7th April.

Again to be held on the events field at The Departure Lounge Café, near Alton in Northern Hampshire. We start at 10am (when the café opens) and run on until about lunchtime, although you can stay longer if you wish. Breakfast and other refreshments are available at the café. The owner opens the field to us to park on, so we are out of the general car park.

Attendance is free and there is no need to register, just come along, park up, chat to fellow enthusiasts and admire the cars.

The last event of last year got to just under 100 cars, despite dodgy weather, so we are hoping to break through the 100 car mark this time. The event is open to any Italian marque of any age, and we get classics, modern supercars, and today's road cars. The event has been featured in Auto Italia, and we would love to have a real mix of attendees, so please do tell your friends and come along.

I will also start a new event thread...

I hope to see you there,
Ross

conaero

Forum Owner
I’ll be going A3 Northbound then cutting across to the A31. Actually I might go A27/A31 Nothbound and pick my brother up enroute.

JonW

Are you guys meeting somewhere before hand?

I’d be up for meeting somewhere and driving down in convoy if others fancied it... my natural route would be M25 to A3 southbound, through Guildford then A31 down to Alton