09 QPV Cruise control question

IanU

Hello All,
Still finding my way around all the details of owning this truly gorgeous car, but I'm beaten by one feature that I'm sure is in here somewhere.
Cruise control. On/off ring on the stalk - tick; activate +/- toggle on same stalk - tick; resume button on end of the stalk - tick.
BUT - how on earth do you drop it out of c/c without either touching the brake or twisting the on/off ring? for example approaching slower moving traffic to allow it to reduce speed naturally.
I've tried what I think is every combination of the controls on the stalk, but assume that you shouldn't have to twist the on/off ring.
What am I missing here? The manual isn't that clear tbh.

Thanks
Ian.

IanU

OK, thanks for clarifying - shame.
I can tick that one off my list then :)

Cheers
Ian.

TridentTested

I've found turning it off feels less abrupt than touching the brake pedal, sometimes selecting the 'minus' button will slow you down enough but more often than not you have to press the brake pedal.

Another shortcoming I've found is, despite it having the same control stalk as the Alfa 166, and I presume the same ECU driving it, I find it isn't as good at maintaining a consistent speed. When measured (via accurate GPS) the speed can vary uphill and downhill by a few MPH - on my old Alfa the speed was rock solid, totally consistent.

IanU

Agreed - thanks Michael.
My old Omega (which this has replaced) had the ability to drop out c/c by dabbing the end of the stalk and you could moderate your speed quite smoothly with a bit of planning without anyone noticing any difference.
Using the on/off ring is a bit awkward as it's tucked behind the paddle shift and even the most gentle dab of the brake pedal is noticeable. Ho hum - I think I can live with it though :)