Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warranty registered before delivery - a warning to all to check

Feel for you but it is something Maserati have been doing for years. I would advise you to be firm but polite as you are right IMHO but try a bit of brevity if you can as the actual point of issue here is very simple.

Thanks. That's a good point. I'll bring out the actual issue right at the start of the message in a single sentence and make it really clear as an opening statement. The rest is supplementary material/evidence. I'm really not sure where the root of the issue is, Maserati or dealer. I suspect a bit of both. The dealer is keen to hit targets but Maserati force them to register the warranty as soon as the cars land. It is very simply unlawful though in my opinion. Perhaps they're not used to dealing with plebs like me with 'only' up to £50k to spend, and the Ferrari owners just take it on the chin. Perhaps no one, trading standards etc, has lifted the covers on the practice as yet? I suspect it's not the highest item on their list though.

Thanks again. I'll let you all know how it goes. At the end of the day I'm not going to let it spoil the enjoyment of the car.

Point 4 needs to be omended to reflect the warranty was incorrectly applied prior to registration as it currently reads that you wish it to be applied incorrectly.
    Peter
    06 Gransport LE - Nero Carbonio & Black
    05 4200 CC face lift - Gerigio Alfieri & Tan - Sold; Now lives in France
    03 4200 CC revised - Sebring Blue & Gray - Sold; Now regularly used as a TV car.

Good spot. This is why I ask all you intelligent folk for a document review Great stuff.

And I've got 1 1/2 bottles of white wine inside me... hick
    Peter
    06 Gransport LE - Nero Carbonio & Black
    05 4200 CC face lift - Gerigio Alfieri & Tan - Sold; Now lives in France
    03 4200 CC revised - Sebring Blue & Gray - Sold; Now regularly used as a TV car.

maybe you're in the zone. Thanks though, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Finestjammy View Post
    maybe you're in the zone. Thanks though, appreciated.
    https://xkcd.com/323/

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

If you extend the warranty be very careful, there is a thread on here about issues people are having trying to claim on extended warranty, in particular be aware you need to have all Maserati recommendation carried out at service even though they are not compulsory at service time. Also the main dealer may not inform you of this issue when you are considering wether or not to have any of the recommendations carried out.
    2012 Grancabrio Sport - White ( Bianco eldorado) red interior ( Rosso Collaro ) black piano trim, silver trident wheels, black roof.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    If you extend the warranty be very careful, there is a thread on here about issues people are having trying to claim on extended warranty, in particular be aware you need to have all Maserati recommendation carried out at service even though they are not compulsory at service time. Also the main dealer may not inform you of this issue when you are considering wether or not to have any of the recommendations carried out.
    My experience on this was not negative and my dealer explained everything up front including the importance of getting the four year items done if you are extending the warranty for two years (three to five years). Not sure about the Turin cars and whether they have such a big four year service as the Modena cars.

Cheers everyone for your input. I have a face to face meeting with the franchise director at 11am tomorrow. I'm actually impressed that they have taken the time to accommodate me, so I'm hopeful we can all be friends after this, credit where credit is due. I'm actually asking for peanuts on the grand scheme of things. I doubt there'll be any items that need rectifying for warranty approval, and I'm guessing this mention of a possible 25% surcharge that came from Italy is something that can be waived in discussion with the dealer. That just leaves £500 of goodwill to come my way. I'll probably decide after all of this I should have just gone with warranty wise instead

It's mighty annoying that I'll be without the car for a week or longer whilst someone in Italy decides if I'm worthy of one of their warrranties though. I think I'll be supplied with some German rep-mobile too

Thanks again for all the input. I hope to impart some knowledge as I learn the quirks of Maserati the hard way. Time for a G&T now I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12