Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Serious CEL issue :(

Quote Originally Posted by Twinturbo View Post
    Got email back from Mike , as well as the tough luck it's out of warranty reply apparently he repaired my TB even though it was almost irrepairable he was surprised he got it working again but in reality it didn't work properly from the start and threw CEL non stop since it was reinstalled and broke completely after just 2,000kms and 2 years , bad practice IMO should have just told owner to buy a New or second hand one if your gonna do a dodgy fix and charge full price
    I have never used Mike Roberts yet, but give the guy a break. Imagine if your only hope to get a 3200 running was a refurb? Maybe the original owner insisted he wanted the original unit fixing, rather than replacing? Maybe original owner was sure it was locked to the VIN of the vehicle, after being told online. Not everything we read or write online is true!
    Can always get a guarantee by rilling into a Maserati dealer and doing it all "right" using genuine OEM parts. $$$$$$
    Rob Stannard
    3200 GT Assetto Corsa
    2006 QP V Sport GT - Nero Carbonio / Cream leather / Carbon
    Alfa 166 V6 - dead and gone

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Agreed Mike makes it very clear that he cannot guarantee the efficacy of any work done to an already modified throttle body provided to him. He tried with one of mine but it failed very quickly.
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

I took my TB to Mike, the previous refurb was carried out by another indie in London and it was in a poor condition. It was 50/50 if it could be repaired but I risked trying to get it fixed knowing if not it would cost a lot more.

So you need to check the circumstances prior.
    Tony

Current - Gransport, BMW X3, Ford BMax Titanium.
    Gone - 3200

Bottom line, car is fixed. (Not for too much in the scope of things.) So all good.
    60/75

Quote Originally Posted by rs48635 View Post
    I have never used Mike Roberts yet, but give the guy a break. Imagine if your only hope to get a 3200 running was a refurb? Maybe the original owner insisted he wanted the original unit fixing, rather than replacing? Maybe original owner was sure it was locked to the VIN of the vehicle, after being told online. Not everything we read or write online is true!
    Can always get a guarantee by rilling into a Maserati dealer and doing it all "right" using genuine OEM parts. $$$$$$
    I have used Mike and would recommend him unreservedly. Few others would have been prepared even to try to save your TB.
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Contigo View Post

car with megasquirt 3, running bigger injectors, E85 1,35bar boost.
    Original turbos, dual 3" exhaust with sidepipes. Big front mount intercooler.
    Nice flames when shifting gears(plus loud bang)
    Great video Contigo love it
    1.35bar on stock turbos nice and robust things they are ��

I bought this car knowing Mike had rebuilt the TB so previous owner must have been desperate but you gotta learn from mistakes so
    I decided to pick up a low 20k mile TB that's so far working brilliantly no CELs
    Factoring in the cost and hassle of sending overseas to mike from Australia ends up being around the same cost as just picking up a good working second hand unit and I can guarantee I'll get more than 2,000kms out of it opposed to sending a ******* one back to Mike that he couldn't fix originally. Its my car and considering the history of the broken TB getting a different one was a no brainer really.
    Previous rides
    3 charade turbos
    Series 4 rx7 turbo
    Mk3 single turbo supra 2jz conversion
    Mk3 single turbo supra 300kw Showcar
    Mk4 single turbo 500kw +100kw nitrous (beast)
    Modified lotus esprit SE 300kw
    2000 maserati 3200gt (current cleanup project)
    2014 Renault Clio Rs (daily)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234