How big GT

Hunter

I know that i can get the dimensions on line...but i mean visually..how big does a GT look? Does it look wide like a 388, does it look big like a bentley? How would you describe it as in road presence and agression? Does colour make a difference?

GeoffCapes

It's big. Although my E-Class is wider. But the GT is definitely longer.

It shrinks around you at speed though.

FF1078

They aren't small by any means but they are also not as big as some of the large coupes you get nowadays like Mercedes

JJbing

I have a Bentley GT as well as a Gran turismo very similarly sized cars.. I think the GT might be longer

Hunter

And road presence wise..do they scream "get out of my way or il eat you" or more of a "excuse me while i pass"?

montravia

Although dimensionally they are big, both in girth and length, they are low.

The proportions and flow of lines are so different to say that they have the same type of presence as say a Landrover or one of the larger prestige cars that the presence is very very different. They catch the eye, the classic double take that says 'goodness'.

The front can be aggressive. There's no need to behave aggressively in these cars, she's not a Yah, Boo Ferrari, nor muscle Teutonic bully (forgive the broad stereotype, some ofus on here with these are quite rightly proper enthusiasts), they're more a work of art, with a secret under her skirts.

There's no need to blast up behind someone for them to pull out of the way, people do, and look on with a positive look as you pass. There's nothing nicer to see than a driver merging in the traffic either around town or on the open road in a special car without drama. It evokes such a positive response and warmth rather than envy.

Notwithstanding that, no guardian of these special beasts can resist the howl, pop, and occassional boom when she's given head, but that's for the driver benefit in my case.

Put it this way. I made a pitstop at a majorservice station on the M5 last weekend. Returning to the car, parked discretely out of the main frug, a gentleman approached me with an outstretched hand, declaring 'That's the most beautiful car I've ever seen.'

And that's not atypical. Filling station, or anywhere paused, they invoke a most surprising positive response.

Aggressive in appearance and presence, maybe.

Beautiful, in appearance and engineering, a work of art.

Design without compromise.

Step into a new world. Dare to be different

conaero

Forum Owner
Here you go, mine next to a 916 Spider and it dwarfs it...and it looked the same against the GS:

IMG_4732.jpg

CatmanV2

Put it this way. I made a pitstop at a majorservice station on the M5 last weekend. Returning to the car, parked discretely out of the main frug, a gentleman approached me with an outstretched hand, declaring 'That's the most beautiful car I've ever seen.'

Beautifully put sir, and I can second that particular experience

C

Contigo

Sponsor
Although dimensionally they are big, both in girth and length, they are low.

The proportions and flow of lines are so different to say that they have the same type of presence as say a Landrover or one of the larger prestige cars that the presence is very very different. They catch the eye, the classic double take that says 'goodness'.

The front can be aggressive. There's no need to behave aggressively in these cars, she's not a Yah, Boo Ferrari, nor muscle Teutonic bully (forgive the broad stereotype, some ofus on here with these are quite rightly proper enthusiasts), they're more a work of art, with a secret under her skirts.

There's no need to blast up behind someone for them to pull out of the way, people do, and look on with a positive look as you pass. There's nothing nicer to see than a driver merging in the traffic either around town or on the open road in a special car without drama. It evokes such a positive response and warmth rather than envy.

Notwithstanding that, no guardian of these special beasts can resist the howl, pop, and occassional boom when she's given head, but that's for the driver benefit in my case.

And that's not atypical. Filling station, or anywhere paused, they invoke a most surprising positive response.

Aggressive in appearance and presence, maybe.

Beautiful, in appearance and engineering, a work of art.

Design without compromise.

Step into a new world. Dare to be different

My experience too apart from the given head bit! I prefer to use the term cunnylingus (sp) :D

But what Robin said but he put it much more eloquently.

Corranga

Here you go, mine next to a 916 Spider and it dwarfs it...and it looked the same against the GS:

I parked my 4200 next to one for the sake of comparison. It's the only time the 4200 has looked small, and not that pretty since I bought it ;)
Pretty sure the GT was bigger than the Alfa 159 that was parked on the other side of it too.
Much like the 4200 though, the dimensions are near perfect. Neither screams of rear seats like some of the old 4 seat Ferrari etc. do - they are well proportioned, deceivingly large cars!

safrane

Parked my GS between the S class and the C class and it looked tiny in comparison.

image_03.jpg

My garages both have standard single doors...what is the width required to allow the car and mirrors to pass?