Wanted facelift GT Sport

D Walker

I love it when people say things like this. ;) What makes you think *most* cars are? Mine comes out every week. There are plenty more on here that are used all winter (and they are perfectly usable). I'd suggest the situation is reversed :)

C

I guess because 95% of the cars for sale have little more than 5K miles per year average........

toady

No probs - sorry just logged on and seen you post.

I don't know the car - was just in the dealership this morning getting a plate fitted, (I've recently bought a 62 plate GT Sport), and Kurun mentioned that they had just taken a car in.

Thanks for the heads up anyway. Congrats on your purchase, which one was it? The only 62plate I've seen is the one at Cotswold Motorsport

peters

Mine wasn't advertised as by coincidence I visited HR Owen on the day the previous owner negotiated the purchase of a Ferrari!!

toady

Great day for both of you then! Maybe I need to hang around local dealers on the off chance...

toady

Does anyone know the brake pads and disc tolerance levels from main dealers before they can sell? I have enquiried on a car and the details are sketchy to say the least.
Also, the car has tyre-wear advisories on a recently passed MOT, are advisories acceptable from a main dealer?
Thanks

toady

Oh and apparently a 121 point inspection has been carried out, is the dealer permitted to forward this into me? They are suggesting it's an 'internal' report.

CatmanV2

Erm.

Dealers can sell what they like. There's probably a requirement that a car be roadworthy, but I'd expect a recent MOT to be regarded as sufficient evidence.

So if you're thinking you can somehow force the dealer to fix the advisories or release the report before they can sell the car, your simplest route to happiness will be find another car at another dealer.

C

JonW

Oh and apparently a 121 point inspection has been carried out, is the dealer permitted to forward this into me? They are suggesting it's an 'internal' report.

The dealer is definitely permitted to share it, but aren't required to... I would be suggesting to the dealer that if they aren't willing to share it, then it suggests something could be wrong with the car and doesn't make me want to trust them....

Having said that, I've seen some of the inspection reports, and it's often farcical what makes up the "121" points... does the car have four tyres - check(*4), a steering wheel - check, do the indicators work - check, etc...

iainw

The dealer is definitely permitted to share it, but aren't required to... I would be suggesting to the dealer that if they aren't willing to share it, then it suggests something could be wrong with the car and doesn't make me want to trust them....

Having said that, I've seen some of the inspection reports, and it's often farcical what makes up the "121" points... does the car have four tyres - check(*4), a steering wheel - check, do the indicators work - check, etc...

It's pretty simple- they will do as little as they can and save as much money as they can as long as it's roadworthy as C says. V disappointing if it's a main dealer.. but not suprising.

Ask specifics about discs , tyres etc etc and then decide how much you want the car and you will tell pretty quickly how much they will do to it to sell it. If they won't share it with you - they are trying to hide something so don't buy it

toady

After a fair amount of toing and froing, I finally bought the car! MY13 GT Sport with most of my boxes ticked...comfort pack, Bose, Neptunes etc. Very happy to be a part of the Maserati elite!

The day didn't start too well what with the trains disruptions over the weekend meant I stood for the 3hrs journey on the way to Manchester. However, this was all forgotten once I saw the car (just WOW!) and got behind the wheel and headed back down south. Have to say it really is a stunning car in the flesh. I have not seen the Grigio Alfieri colour around for some time and I think it shows the lines extremely well.

The 250 mile journey home was a great opportunity to get to know it and as we all know, the noise in Sport mode is just incredible! It's extremely addictive. A relative who owns a Cali was seriously impressed. Whilst gear changes in manual mode in the AutoShift may not be lightening quick it works well for my needs and coming from SMGIII, I am more than happy with it. Living in London, the AutoShift box will allow to cruise a low/standstill(!) pace which will suit me very well. There were times in the M6 where I did think I wished didn't have to worry about paddle changes when in traffic (the auto SMG was horrific). Actually, comparing the GT to the M6, obviously both very different cars but do offer similar characteristics. Rear seats were becoming an issue for the kids so the GT wins on that front. That V10 was sublime when pushing on and I am glad I have experienced it. The blistering pace in the M6 could keep up with most supercars. Yes, it isn't the prettiest car on the road but that's subjective anyway.

There is no point complaining about the infotainment...yes, it's terrible. Even the wife pointed out the Command system in her Merc is planets ahead. Not new news I know. I will be keeping an eye out on 3rd party installs but in the meantime Waze works well.

So I am slowly getting used to the Italian 'features'. Things like not being able to fold the wing mirrors without ignition on...unable to open/close the passenger window by one-touch. Are these things I just need to get used to? Am sure I will discover more! I am looking forward to stretching it legs over the coming months as a couple of trips are planned.

Overall, I am smitten. It's a beautiful looking thing, sounds completely ridiculous and has the practicality I need for family needs. I can see this car sticking around for a long time. I've been a member here since 2013 as I knew I would be in one one day. There have been a few distractions along the way but I am glad I am finally here. This forum is an invaluable resource and thanks to you all! Hopefully, I will make the London meets soon and meet some fellow owners.

I will try and figure out how to load a couple of photos now...any tips?!

Cheers Sam

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Good review and echoes everything I think about my 2014 GT Sport Auto. This is my second GT so I'm used to the quirks but concentrate on the noise and the attention you'll get and you'll forget the problems. Wait until you try the sat nav - my estate had been built 18 years before my car was produced but it doesn't recognise the road name!

Photos are uploaded by clicking the icon with the little picture of the tree on in the line of icons above the message space.

toady

Thanks David. Speaking of attention, less than a mile from the dealership, someone took a snap of the car. That has not happened since my Z3M Coupe.