Supercar Saturday, Castle Combe, 28 October 2017

Phil H

The QP's clean the 4200 not, so I'll probably bring the QP unless I get up at sparrow's f*art in the morning.

PH

FIFTY

I think we were looking at the color of your cam covers Mark

I'll be there tomorrow eta 9ish

luckesGTV6

That's great guys Alfa, Ferrari, Fiat and Maserati represented this year, Good show everyone!

I'm going to close down now as I aim to be on site before 7.15 tomorrow and will try to be on hand to see some of the early birds into our display area.

Dont forget to print off your paddock passes to present at the competitors gate check in or you'll be charged at spectators rates and they'll also try to put you in the spectator car park.

Jen will also be at the Competitors entrance beyond the ticket kiosk at the stroke Association booth to give directions to our display area.
I'll try to park the black Alfa as a marker at the far end of our display from the Strawford Centre and we can fill in between as people arrive.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
So...

QPs:-
MarkMas
Ewan
PhilH
rockits
?

GTs:-
Contigo?

GSs:-
Panicracing

4200s:-
FernandoIsFasterThanYou
rockits
?

3200s:-
SteveM
Contigo?

Alfas:-
Lisknik
luckesgtv6
Alfa Muppet
kazzer

Fiats:-
Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider ???

Ferraris:-
BJL (9-10am)

rockits

Sorry to do this & the last minute as I'm normally Mr Reliable. Going to have to drop out at the 11th hour.

Missus is ill & kids need carting to swimming in the morning & then one to a party in the afternoon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

safrane

Late last night Charlie said 'lets go'...but she is still in bed with no sign of rising.

So have a great day and don't disturb the village Phil with that exhaust.

BJL

Great drive up in the morning on clear roads and good to see everyone, thanks for the invite and thank you for the Levante print which will be framed and put on the 'Cool Wall' in the office. As an aside my hearing is now recovering nicely and should be back to normal by teatime..........thanks Phil.

Ewan

Highlight of the day - the dashboard screen for the passenger in the GTC4 Lusso!

Now thinking of the Larini X-Pipe for my GTS, following Phils advice. But the matching sports cars he has as well are probably a step too far for my ears.

Contigo

Sponsor
Epic visit to DL on the way back, Cali 30 scoped thanks for the advice Barrie. Mrs got into the GTS on the way back and said "Do you know I prefer the Maser" I know what she means, understated, effortless, elegant and no Ferrari I have heard sounds better than my GTS with the Larinis. Sorry for deafening you Barrie et al!

Great to see you all today , it amazes me what an eclectic mix of people we have as members on this forum and all are so nice and helpful.

safrane

We eventually made it but without the Maser as we were so late 12:00ish.

Good to see some old face and meet some new.

Event was far smaller than the ones I have been to before; I'd say lsss than 1/2. Given the ace weather it was a little surprised...hope the stroke association made some money as it must cost a small packet for the hire of the facilities.

luckesGTV6

Even less crowded at 7.30am!

DSCN8443.jpg

Glad you made it Safrane.

Good idea bringing a Barby queue Mr Muppet. ;) Hope your lad finally had his passenger ride?

Thanks to Y'all for attending and I'll let you know how they did.
They told me at about 11am that they'd already given as many track rides as by mid afternoon last year so it could be a good 'un.

Fernandoisfasterthanyou has posted some fine pix of our display so I'll only add this one.

DSCN8464.jpg

Spotted this in the public car park. Oh, I've apparently reached the byte limit - It was a blue soft top Maserati. I tried :)

Ewan

Nice "before" shot of the Alfa. Such a shame it didn't look like that a few hours later. Best of luck with the insurers and the repair.

luckesGTV6

Oh Dear what happened to the Alfa ?

It merely suffered minor flesh wounds during retrieving a glove thrown down in challenge by the laws of physics. (I sorta cribbed some of that from Monty Python). :)

A little time with a clay bar later today and no-one will ever know. Im afraid the moistened sponge someone suggested at the time proved inadequate.

DSCN8447.jpg