GS wow - forgot how great

safrane

Service book for the GS states every 55k kilometres they should be replaced... so yours had extra love.

conaero

Forum Owner
Matt - I always use OEM parts however the plugs in at the moment I got from Ferrari parts as these were cheaper than Maserati plugs, only difference was the box I'm told :)

Yes, they are OEM, F & M do that a lot, nothing to worry about.

babel 101

Its been awhile since I've had time to enjoy the car or had no issues (touch wood)

all is well… :)

I took her out for a 4 hour drive yesterday and WOW I forgot how great the GS is.

The handling and sterling is amazing but the GS is way..way..way more capable than my limited fast driving talent. Speaking to Benny awhile back, he commented that these cars will not kick out on bends (unless you're being silly) and wow he was right - the GS handing is like glue but a few times I did lift off which I think upset the GS handling.

Recommend A506 between Baldock – Cumberlow Green if you're around that area

The sound I think is amazing still, maybe inside the car it seems it's not that loud but outside, a friend heard the GS coming before even seeing it - so can't be that bad.

The seat I already know are very comfortable, I've driven to Italy then south of France and home with no issues and yesterday was no exception – if you've not done a SM euro trip – do it ! (I wish I could)

So windows down and then down shift still gives me a massive smile – my gearbox has only done ¼ of the mileage of the car so is still smooth and still amazing bit of kit – yes they could be faster but think it works very well for the GS – The modern Maserati's I think should be using double clutch gearboxes by now

Acceleration in today's standard maybe dropping off but still the smooth push into the seat as you hit the floor and seeing the distance getting closer very quick is still additive – that engine and the sound it gives is fantastic and the GS is still just above a 4second 0-60

mines clocked 70,000 and think it drives as if its done half that, maybe because the amount of money I've put into her and I think it shows. I just can not think of another car for this sort of money with the styling, the lovely interior, the amazing engine, the sound and the wow factor of a GS….

Bad part about the GS is putting her away after getting home and the fact that the next drive maybe not for a while but its something to look forward too :)

forum01.jpg

forum02.jpg

greats sensations

MrPea

Enzo,
Is it this car I've seen down at Emblem before now? It looks like you have the wheels I was drooling over - painted black inside, diamond cut fronts and laquered all over? Where did you get them done? I now have a spare set so want to do that to my spare wheels and have the stock silver ones kept on the side.

EnzoMC

Enzo,
Is it this car I've seen down at Emblem before now? It looks like you have the wheels I was drooling over - painted black inside, diamond cut fronts and laquered all over? Where did you get them done? I now have a spare set so want to do that to my spare wheels and have the stock silver ones kept on the side.

hi - these were an option, the wheels were from Maserati on another GS but in poor condition, they were cleaned up, coloured inside and re-lacquered when I was buying the car. these just look so bling and not for me but have made it a bit different from other GS.
I think any good wheel refurb thats worked on supercars will do them but you need to make sure the wheels have enough on them otherwise it will change the balance / strength of the wheels. I think this has been looked at by others and was working out at about £100-£150ish per wheel

the down side is once they get chip'd, they can not be repaired other than doing a full wheel (tried a few shops all said the same) - I have one wheel marked which I've repaired myself just to protect the wheel but you do notice it

maybe a suggestion - another option is ball polished wheels - look almost the same (if polished well)

safrane

Emblem also had a guy who could blow in coloured paint between the spokes to match the body colour or any other shade. They had a 7 spoke 4200 wheel there a few years back as an example.

D Walker

+1 for ball polished, think I'm going to gtechniq c5 mine to make the cleaning regime easier, unless someone can advise on something different.

EnzoMC

+1 for ball polished, think I'm going to gtechniq c5 mine to make the cleaning regime easier, unless someone can advise on something different.

just for info if you have C1 for the bodywork then use this on the wheels (its the same stuff.... :shh: )

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

I used it on mine and it's kind of easy enough, Dave. The prep is the crucial part and so much easier of you take the wheels off. I'd also recommend Swissvax Autobahn.

D Walker

Cheers Adam, if you could report back how easy the wheels are to clean after LE Mans, that would be good. Yeah I take the wheels off, I did the wife A1 with normal Meghires wax and a guy on the site said I was stupid for polishing wheels.
Practicing!!!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Get the wheels off and do the callipers while you're at it. Give site-guy something else to be perplexed about. As my brakes are carbon they don't dump the same amount of filth everywhere, so it's hard to get a good assessment of whether the GTechniq stuff works well, but all reviews were good. It's perfectly possible that I wasted time and £40 on something that didn't need doing!