Pricing madness

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Had to take the car to the MD this morning to get a new C pillar badge as the one that was on the car didn't match the others. Popped the rear coat hook to hang my jacket on (which I'd had no need to do until now) and it fell out.

A common problem apparently but the price to fix it was......... £650 + VAT. The hook is attached to the roof and they have to remove the roof liner to replace it!

Needless to say, my jacket will be lying across the back seat on the odd occasion I might need it.

MrMickS

Surely, as you've just got it from them, they'll do it under warranty? Its probably been like it since you bought it. Or are they expecting you to test absolutely everything works before driving it?

How much was the C-pillar badge? Mine was just over £20 fitted when I got a new one. Mind you they are just coated plastic on the Ghibli.

Wack61

So is that 4 hours labour and £50 for the hook , if they have a price ah hand somebody must have paid it

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Surely, as you've just got it from them, they'll do it under warranty? Its probably been like it since you bought it. Or are they expecting you to test absolutely everything works before driving it?

How much was the C-pillar badge? Mine was just over £20 fitted when I got a new one. Mind you they are just coated plastic on the Ghibli.

It was probably already broken but as you say you don't test everything before you buy - least of all the coat hooks! I did ask about that but of course I can't prove it was broken when I got it and it's not covered by the warranty they gave me. I'm not sufficiently fussed to argue the toss.

More concerning is the lack of key and radio codes which they don't seem able to find!

They replaced the badge for free. The grill badge and one of the pillar badges had the red stripes on but the other didn't.

Andyk

I would like to say I'm suprised but nothing surprises me with Maserati part prices and fixes.....Robbing bastards.

philw696

Used to do the coat hooks along with the seat levers all the time under warranty.
Two very poorly made components.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Well, that's one more thing I should have checked when I bought my QP, which I'm now not going to touch!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Radio codes? What radio codes?

C

The ones to restore the radio. I think the old one had them - there was a little card in the folder with the manuals in it which had reset codes for the keys and the radio printed on it.

CatmanV2

The ones to restore the radio. I think the old one had them - there was a little card in the folder with the manuals in it which had reset codes for the keys and the radio printed on it.

The radio in the GT doesn't need any codes. The cards to which I think you are referring are the emergency start codes (that is throttle presses) if your immobiliser won't un-immobilise your for any reason.

C

Doohickey

Velociraptor
The radio in the GT doesn't need any codes. The cards to which I think you are referring are the emergency start codes (that is throttle presses) if your immobiliser won't un-immobilise your for any reason.

C

Ah - thanks for the clarification! Whatever they are I don't have them.

Contigo

Sponsor
Had to take the car to the MD this morning to get a new C pillar badge as the one that was on the car didn't match the others. Popped the rear coat hook to hang my jacket on (which I'd had no need to do until now) and it fell out.

A common problem apparently but the price to fix it was......... £650 + VAT. The hook is attached to the roof and they have to remove the roof liner to replace it!

Needless to say, my jacket will be lying across the back seat on the odd occasion I might need it.

He may be embarrassed and should be because he should put it right. Get the work done under warranty mate and quote consumer rights act.

Contigo

Sponsor
It was probably already broken but as you say you don't test everything before you buy - least of all the coat hooks! I did ask about that but of course I can't prove it was broken when I got it and it's not covered by the warranty they gave me. I'm not sufficiently fussed to argue the toss.

More concerning is the lack of key and radio codes which they don't seem able to find!

They replaced the badge for free. The grill badge and one of the pillar badges had the red stripes on but the other didn't.

You can repaint them, just done mine, a steady hand and some nice enamel paint.

C

Found the card the other day, in my owner's pack. First number is the 'electronic' code and the second is the 'mechanical'code. No nuclear or other codes, unfortunately :/

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I would like to say I'm suprised but nothing surprises me with Maserati part prices and fixes.....Robbing bastards.

It's not so much the parts prices (yes, robbing b4st4rds), but the labour involved in otherwise trivial fixes like this (shortsighted b4st4rds). 'Three hours to fit a front parking sensor' was not a happy moment for me!

CatmanV2

Found the card the other day, in my owner's pack. First number is the 'electronic' code and the second is the 'mechanical'code. No nuclear or other codes, unfortunately :/

Don't use them both at the same time :)

Seriously: It's in the manual. Electronic code is for bypassing the immobiliser. Best not to leave this in the car, but might want to take a photo?
Mechanical codes is what you 'need' when you order a new key.
'Need' because in fact you don't. You get a new one with every key. It might make the process a bit easier, but not much.

C