New brakes - issues?

atreyu1

Just a thought, are the calipers central and are the pistons free so there isn't an asymmetric force being applied.

CatmanV2

Just a thought, are the calipers central and are the pistons free so there isn't an asymmetric force being applied.

Which is a good shout.

Something is clearly wrong, and simply installing new discs is not going to fix it

C

safrane

Vet them to fit new discs and drive the car for c500 miles...if they are fine after that consider a payment deal...if they ar fooked again leave kt with them to fix with you in a curtsey car.

P R

Vet them to fit new discs and drive the car for c500 miles...if they are fine after that consider a payment deal...if they ar fooked again leave kt with them to fix with you in a curtsey car.
I've already paid for this set 6 weeks ago....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

P R

Which is a good shout.

Something is clearly wrong, and simply installing new discs is not going to fix it

C

My sentiments exactly. I assume the calipers are ok. They were before this whole saga started, and I am guessing they have checked the calipers, it should be one of the first things they check

Rex B

If the discs are warped again then the something like the brakes binding must be causing them to get really hot and you think it be easy for them to find. I once had a brake hose collapse internally which stopped the brakes releasing fully wouldn't think the cars old enough for something like that. If it a main dealer you dealing with then if they are saying discs are warped then they should replace them and then sort out the problem with Maserati .

Rex B

P R

If the discs are warped again then the something like the brakes binding must be causing them to get really hot and you think it be easy for them to find. I once had a brake hose collapse internally which stopped the brakes releasing fully wouldn't think the cars old enough for something like that. If it a main dealer you dealing with then if they are saying discs are warped then they should replace them and then sort out the problem with Maserati .

Rex B
So dealer still hasn't had an answer from maserati UK so they (the dealer, and theyll then try and sort it with maser uk) are replacing the discs and pads. They say everything else is in order. We'll see. I'll be able to collect on Monday as long as the parts turn up

safrane

If it was me I would let them test the car for a few days and about 500 miles to see if it comes back as an issue.

That way they may find the cause.

P R

If it was me I would let them test the car for a few days and about 500 miles to see if it comes back as an issue.

That way they may find the cause.
I mentioned they should run it for a few days and they said if I wanted they would so I'll decide by monday.

P R

They are dropping it off later this afternoon, subject to a successful road test this morning. That will be effectively about 80 odd mile "bed in".

Lets see if these new discs and pads solve the issue... (calipers are good, free moving, fluid is good, hubs are good, all checked by the garage)

P R

So far so good, over 1k miles on these and no wobbles..

There are however, 2 worrying looking grooves that have appeared...

Just a very unlucky 2 stones or something more sinister??

Attachments

• disc pic.jpg
    disc pic.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 38

CatmanV2

So far so good, over 1k miles on these and no wobbles..

There are however, 2 worrying looking grooves that have appeared...

Just a very unlucky 2 stones or something more sinister??

That would be a **** of a pair of stones, I'd have thought. Not seen anything like that at all

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Well if it was me I’d whip the caliper off and see if I could see a reason, did the previous ones groove in the same place then?

P R

Well if it was me I’d whip the caliper off and see if I could see a reason, did the previous ones groove in the same place then?

No, they just warped.

I sent a pic to the dealer they said looks like stones and would need pad removal to check. I might take it there and let them look for peace of mind.

conaero

Forum Owner
I dont think a stone would create 2 very even grooves like that but I could be wrong.

I suspect there is a metal on metal issue there. As Newton says, you need to remove the pads then I am sure it will become obvious.

Not having much luck are you?

P R

Haha, no! to be fair it has made me a little paranoid. But considering they are only 3 weeks or so old I might suggest taking it to dealer (170 mile round trip!) and asking them to just take a look.

Hi mate
To save the 170 round trip take it along to Falcon Engineering on Skippers Lane Middlesbrough (see facebook).
They will give you an honest appraisal

P R

Hi Dave

Thanks for that. It would be easier but after all the hassle I have had with these I dont want anyone but them to touch them, that way if issues re occur there should be clarity!

Ive called dealer I am going to drop it in this afty for them to look at.