Thread: Many USA owners on SM

Just an observation, we dont get that many visitors from over the pond but lately, there have been a lot of our American cousins contributing.

Is there any reason for this?....is all well with MaseratiLife forum in the US?

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 1969 Opel GT. 2015 Audi Q3 (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD

Perhaps with Brexit they're not pigeon holing us Brits with that lot over the English Channel who the Americans don't get on with.
    Gran Turismo Sport MC Shift in Blu Oceano/Nettuno one of them!

Previous Italian Mistresses
    Maserati 4200 in Grigio Nuvolari
    Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM in Nero
    Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS in Rosso
    Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS in Nero
    Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 TS in Blu

And I'm not the real Geoff Capes! My name is Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCapes View Post
    Perhaps with Brexit they're not pigeon holing us Brits with that lot over the English Channel who the Americans don't get on with.
    I think it's Frenchie who doesn't get on with Americans. The sceptics I know just laugh at them - they think they're all .... how best to put this ... French:

It didn't take long for this thread to deteriorate!
    David

Blu sofisticato Granturismo Sport Auto
    Audi TTS - less than sensible daily driver but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickey View Post
    It didn't take long for this thread to deteriorate!
    Don't get me wrong - I very much enjoy France and I consider myself very fortunate to have a number of friends there.
    But if my friends in the US are typical, and I suspect they are, I understand their point of view too.

Quote Originally Posted by Conaero View Post
    Just an observation, we dont get that many visitors from over the pond but lately, there have been a lot of our American cousins contributing.

Is there any reason for this?....is all well with MaseratiLife forum in the US?
    All is as well as it ever was. However there may be a moderator suggesting that better answers might be found on SportsMaserati. Primarily when the questor is UK based, but others clearly read the posts......

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

I am well in my New 2016 GT Sport!!!

2016 GT Sport - Rosso Mondiale

Either in Belgrade or Scarborough Maine, USA

I just got back from nearly three weeks in San Francisco and hardly saw any Maserati cars whilst there - a QP and a couple of Ghibli's. Amazing that a search for GranSport in Auto Trader showed only 7 cars for sale in California. All above 45k miles.
    Poor ads with no description of service history, clutch life/clutch change etc.

Prices were low (c$28k-$30k). No idea why......

Didn't check prices for GT or QP.

At a social get-together some guys were curious about my GS and knew very little about this model.
    Contrast that to the Porsche - they all knew the model and excited to talk about it and knowledgeable (they knew what an X50 factory option was).
    Current Week-End Pleasure:
    Porsche 996 Turbo with factory X50 option running larger K24 turbos and GT2 Intercoolers as standard. 6-speed Manual.
    "once bitten, forever smitten".

2007 Maserati Gran Sport LE. A different kind of driving experience in sport mode.

Daily: Mercedes E-class W211 220 CDI Auto tiptronic. The daily work horse.

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Never really bothered much with ML or MF as all you could ever need in the Maserati World is here under one roof.
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

MF is fooooked and has been for weeks, doesnt load, looks like the disc is full

Current:
    2011 Maserati Stradale, 1969 Opel GT. 2015 Audi Q3 (daily workhorse)

Past Masters:
    2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2005 Alfa Spider 3.2 V6, 1999 Alfa GTV TS, 2004 Alfa GTV 3.2V6, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT, 2006 Maserati GranSport LE, 2008 GranTurismo S MC-Shift, 2002 Maserati Spyder, 2007 Alfa GT JTD