Many USA owners on SM

conaero

Forum Owner
Just an observation, we dont get that many visitors from over the pond but lately, there have been a lot of our American cousins contributing.

Is there any reason for this?....is all well with MaseratiLife forum in the US?

Navcorr

Perhaps with Brexit they're not pigeon holing us Brits with that lot over the English Channel who the Americans don't get on with. :thumb1:

I think it's Frenchie who doesn't get on with Americans. The sceptics I know just laugh at them - they think they're all .... how best to put this ... French:

[video=youtube;7vk5K-4PGYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vk5K-4PGYQ[/video]

Navcorr

It didn't take long for this thread to deteriorate!

Don't get me wrong - I very much enjoy France and I consider myself very fortunate to have a number of friends there.
But if my friends in the US are typical, and I suspect they are, I understand their point of view too.

CatmanV2

Just an observation, we dont get that many visitors from over the pond but lately, there have been a lot of our American cousins contributing.

Is there any reason for this?....is all well with MaseratiLife forum in the US?

All is as well as it ever was. However there may be a moderator suggesting that better answers might be found on SportsMaserati. Primarily when the questor is UK based, but others clearly read the posts......

C

I just got back from nearly three weeks in San Francisco and hardly saw any Maserati cars whilst there - a QP and a couple of Ghibli's. Amazing that a search for GranSport in Auto Trader showed only 7 cars for sale in California. All above 45k miles.
Poor ads with no description of service history, clutch life/clutch change etc.

Prices were low (c$28k-$30k). No idea why......

Didn't check prices for GT or QP.

At a social get-together some guys were curious about my GS and knew very little about this model.
Contrast that to the Porsche - they all knew the model and excited to talk about it and knowledgeable (they knew what an X50 factory option was).

Contigo

Sponsor
Never really bothered much with ML or MF as all you could ever need in the Maserati World is here under one roof.

Kenbeden

Maseratis in US seem to be rare. The exception may be in California where they are among the Ferraris, Lotus, etc and money is not an issue. I am in South Carolina where I recently bought my 6 speed manual 2004 4200 GT from a Maserati dealer and I may have the only Spyder GT roadster in the state. British marques and BMW are just more prevalent around here; large clubs with events and rabid owners. We own something from all of these car groups, but I wish there was a local Maserati club.

Current stable: 2004 Maserati Spyder roadster (manual), 2006 BMW Z4M roadster (only comes in 6 speed manual, BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (auto with sport mode and premium package) and last, but not least, my wiffe’s 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante.

tasnam

Currently in the State of Maine USA where I am from (one million residents) I only know of 2 registered my 2016 GT and a 2016 Ghibli who is someone I coincidentally went to school with (we met at a car show not knowing the other owned a Maserati)

outrun

Nice stable. I had a z4m coupe for a long time as well as an M3 CSL and I much preferred the z4. You can do a lot to them to make them really handle and stop very well.

tcrote5516

Currently in the State of Maine USA where I am from (one million residents) I only know of 2 registered my 2016 GT and a 2016 Ghibli who is someone I coincidentally went to school with (we met at a car show not knowing the other owned a Maserati)

I have the only Spyder in the State of NH to my knowledge. The three of us should meet up and blow peoples minds lol.

tasnam

I have the only Spyder in the State of NH to my knowledge. The three of us should meet up and blow peoples minds lol.

Yeah let's meet up and do a Italian drive day with some friends that have Ferrari's and such....are you on Maseratilife.com? PM

Swestm3

I just joined here but am also a member on Maserati Life. Raleigh Maserati puts on a get together at their dealership every second Saturday of the month, free coffe and muffins. . All sorts of exotics show up and swap stories and have fun.

jw38

I find the Sports Maserati forum more informative than the Maserati Life forum, and having lived in Great Britain for 3 years at RAF Lakenheath and absolutely LOVING it there, joining this forum seemed the right thing to do! And the great offers from Canaero can't be beat!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Obviously SM is very UK and Europe based and ML US based but thank you for your compliments.

I feel time zones have a lot to do with it, the US is normally asleep when we’re getting going and vice versa.

flat-12

Hello from across the pond...! I saw this forum mentioned on ML and decided to have a look...just joined up. I've always spun spanners, and am looking forward to many positive experiences here on SM.

CatmanV2

Hello from across the pond...! I saw this forum mentioned on ML and decided to have a look...just joined up. I've always spun spanners, and am looking forward to many positive experiences here on SM.

Oh dear. Prepare to be disappointed ;)

No seriously. Welcome!

C