There are no words

CatmanV2

I love my car. I miss it when I can't drive it either because I'm away, or we're going to the station 4-5 days. Sometimes I will get it out just because, even if it's only a 5 minute drive.

Sigh

C

Contigo

Sponsor
I couldn't own one and not use it hence why I am trying to sell the 3200. No car should be a garage queen and the applies to Fezzas and Lambo's too. I use the GTS as a daily and show it off as much as possible, life it too short to worry about depreciation and "what if's"

m1980k

The sad fact is that most people aren't interested in driving. They just want a flashy motor, whether that's a convertible Merc E220d or a Ferrari if they can afford it. The same goes for something like a Range Rover. For every person who appreciates the off road abilities and engineering, there are a hundred who just want a big, overtly expensive car.

Cayennes and Macans have done nothing to dent sales of GT3s either.

Contigo

Sponsor
But then in the same way Porsche were struggling along with poor sales until the Cayenne came along and reversed that trend. If it wasn't for the Cayenne Diesel and Panamera diesel I doubt we'd have bonkers cars like the Carrera GT and 918.

Steve GS

Maserati a fashion statement. I don't think so. Most people I told I was getting a Maserati the reply what are they I've been asked is it a AM or a jag. I got my car as I like to have something different. Oh and I drive it lots.

Corranga

Maserati a fashion statement. I don't think so. Most people I told I was getting a Maserati the reply what are they I've been asked is it a AM or a jag. I got my car as I like to have something different. Oh and I drive it lots.

Same here. Normal folk don't know what a Maserati is, it's not a great fashion statement.
I love driving, but only managed about 1,000 miles in the Maserati last year. I only use it for fun, I don't commute in it, and I didn't have a car seat for my kiddo so it wasn't that usable. Time just seems to get away and finding time to drive for fun is hard, but it's there if I want to use it.

Why a Maserati?
Same as any other car for me really - a balance of looks, performance, price etc.
Go find a better looking coupe for <£20k, then find one with the performance and noise of these things.
Plus, I love Italian things, I love the history, the exclusivity, the Ferrari connection.

The Levante doesn't diminish that for me.

Ferrari wise, it's better that they exist than, well, they don't! I don't like the idea of them making an SUV, but if needs must, who cares?
It's still better than something like the Aston Martin Cygnet - a Toyota IQ with quilted leather and an ugly face lift.

As for intended use... It's evolved over time. The number of soft roaders out there shows us that. Look at something like the Nissan Quashqui - the majority are only 2WD.
If Range Rover sold a cheaper 2WD Evoque, I reckon it'd be right up there with the 4WD in terms of sales.
Is anyone going to convince me the Evoque exists for anything other than Chelsea Tractoring? Really? Intended as an off-road vehicle..?
The only intended use is the one the buyer intends when they purchase it...

Steve GS

Been to hr Owen today and Ferrari are not building a pumped up 4x4 according to the Ferrari sales people apparently it was a hoax

Steve GS

As for the levante had a test drive today I found it a very capable motor a better place to be than the f pace and for a diesel you wouldn't know it was. Could be the family car so I might be joining the two Maserati club.

Wack61

What I don't understand here is why Ferrari want to increase production in this way

Hat , T shirt , slipper and watch sales are falling because every Ferrari owner has bought them so the public are aware they own a Ferrari when they've walked away from it

MrMickS

Hat , T shirt , slipper and watch sales are falling because every Ferrari owner has bought them so the public are aware they own a Ferrari when they've walked away from it

We went to the Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari last year. There was a chap there kitted out head to toe in Ferrari gear looking at the merchandise in the shop. It looked a little obsessive. Then his wife, who was speaking English to the assistant let it slip that none of the stuff he was wearing was genuine. It was all fake. I don't know what's worse. Spending a fortune on Ferrari merchandise or wearing a lot of fake stuff.

bigbob

Never undesrood this merchandise thing and always presumed it was aimed at people who could not afford an actual car itself. Must dig out my Kia Sorrento baseball cap.....

bigbob

As for the levante had a test drive today I found it a very capable motor a better place to be than the f pace and for a diesel you wouldn't know it was. Could be the family car so I might be joining the two Maserati club.

Iiked the week in one I had. My only real issues were that the RHD conversion does not give enough left leg room for me and the ££ premium for petrol over diesel is too much.

iainw

Never undesrood this merchandise thing and always presumed it was aimed at people who could not afford an actual car itself. Must dig out my Kia Sorrento baseball cap.....

I think you are right Bob. The only ferrari stuff i routinely see is the air freshener dangling from the rear view mirror which I have always found bizarre. The only branded thing the ferrari drivers own in my (limited) experience is a key ring.

I don't know who they sell it to. Would be interested to see the sales figures of maserati and ferrari merchandise - and the relative percentages of owners and the general public

BJL

Porsche, VW, Volvo, Chrysler, plus all the Jappos and of course Maserati build SUVs to cash in on the trend and to increaser volume. Ferrari now have an 18 month waiting list for most models and longer for some plus with the California model ending next spring and a new V8 front engine folding roof GT being launched at Portofino on the 7th Sept which has already filled the first years order book before anyone has even seen it I believe them when they say 'we will not be making an SUV' All this press speculation with CG images of a ******* child Lusso/California mock ups is total tosh.