4200 Heater controls still not working

rockits

I had lots of weird issues with my HVAC control panel/lcd when the blower was up the creak on the project 4200.

Sometimes it would work. Sometimes to HVAC LCD/system wouldn't boot properly or fully. Sometimes it would boot & display stuff but not work. It was the resistor in the blower unit that was knackered. Not replaceable on the 4200 as all Moulder into the blower unit. Well not easily anyway. Many other manufacturers blower units you can replace the resistor as a replacement part even in situ. Not on a Maser! The actual bearing & blower unit was fine and worked no issues. Just the electronics side had a fault.

Meant a dash out job and replacement blower. If I was doing it again I would look at the heater matrix & maybe replace that at the same time dash is out. You don't want to do that job twice!

I got lots of weird issues leading me down various weird paths but it was the blower unit replacement that fixed it & worked perfectly after that.

As Catman says the connector and cable can sometimes get kicked & work loose. Worth checking that first for sure. The project 4200 was a 2003 car. My 2007 year 4200 has a slightly modified design with some retaining click to help prevent this.

The blowers have live span & I think would benefit from a little regular lubrication. The blower in my XC90 is a smidge noisey....I'm being ultra fussy & have sensitive ears! A little bit of lubrication & it's as good as new.

davidhowson

i wonder if it is worth popping the info centre screen out and checking all the connectors are plugged in properly. The air con is all fed from the NIT unit via a grey cable and it maybe that's gone lose?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Rick1008

Catman your right! There was a cable completely disconnected under the glovebox. I now have a temp readout in the speedo and there is heat in the car. The fan is not that powerful, is that a Maserati thing?
Changed the fuse for the mirrors, all good now.

The rattle sounds are still there. I've posted some videos in the other thread.

Cheers
Rick

CatmanV2

<takes small bow>

Should get a pretty good airflow, though. Sounds like it might be failing or full of water.... Have you checked the drain hose?

C