Gransport wanted

FA57GTA

A very good friend of mine is on the look out for a good low miles, good history example. Does anyone have or know of one that is possibly available?

Thanks tom

leeq61

A very good friend of mine is on the look out for a good low miles, good history example. Does anyone have or know of one that is possibly available?

Thanks tom

First point of call based on the standard and example of cars, has to be Richard Grace. He always has some excellent examples of Gransports for sale

http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/stocklist/

There was also a member on here selling his Gransport a while back through Matthew @ Giallo. That looks like a really nice example for the money. It was in Grigio Alfieri i think and known to a few on the forum.

https://www.giallo.co.uk/preowned-maserati-s/

I would also add Nareman @ Nuvola London to the list. I purchased mine from Nuvola and really pleased with my Gransport. I think he has a few Gransports in at the moment.

http://www.nuvolalondon.com/cars-for-sale/

hashluck

As above

2 at Richard Grace, both look nice, one very low miles (though I still do not get the mileage obsession thing)
1 at Nuvola (price seems comparatively high for reasons I am not sure of)
1 at Giallo (forum member car looks nice)
2 at The Supercar Rooms but service history seems patchy going by ads alone
1 at The Auto Agency Bianco Fuji subject of a separate thread on here
1 other on ebay

All worth a view but if it were me I might start (or finish :) with Richard

2b1ask1

Special case
Last Ace he was talking more seroiously than I've ever heard him do so before, don't think his valuation is realistic though. That said it is beyond pampered!

2b1ask1

Special case
Mileage is 18,800 odd, he is wanting £40k but I think mid £30's is realistic, it has a flawless HR Owen service history, Urby has been doing about 300 miles on a good year!

allandwf

Mileage is 18,800 odd, he is wanting £40k but I think mid £30's is realistic, it has a flawless HR Owen service history, Urby has been doing about 300 miles on a good year!
I'd be wanting one that's done 3000 miles a year.

Talking to Marios the other week, the view is very much that they need to be driven. So don't get too hung up about ultra-low miles. I have already put on 2k miles in mine since buying it last September and it has been perfect even though it is under 30k miles.

safrane

I guess we would all like to buy a brand new GS, so a low miles one is the closest you can get to one nowadays.

So how much does each 1k detract from the experience and or the value.

StuartW

Talking to Marios the other week, the view is very much that they need to be driven. So don't get too hung up about ultra-low miles. I have already put on 2k miles in mine since buying it last September and it has been perfect even though it is under 30k miles.

Good advise for all models, not just the GS - all manner of issues present themselves if they are not driven

Bestie

Buy mine :) - still available at Giallo for a Couple of weeks. I have a ticket to Brands Festival Italia so will get it back and bring it along if anyone is interested in a fine GS.

FA57GTA

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will pass all the info onto my friend and see what he wants to do. Are the later cars the ones to go for then? I know nothing about them.
Thanks tom.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks for all the replies guys, I will pass all the info onto my friend and see what he wants to do. Are the later cars the ones to go for then? I know nothing about them.
Thanks tom.

Age makes no difference, as they were only manufactured over a 2 year period and with the Facelift 4200 that preceded it, they are pretty much identical and well sorted.

The only real choice with the GS is Tech or LE. For me, its always been LE but you get your money back at the end with either if well looked after, even a bit more in this rising market.

One final consideration, I would try and get the Pre 06 models, purely as the RFL is half the price each year and £550 is a lot extra to pay.

hashluck

Age makes no difference, as they were only manufactured over a 2 year period and with the Facelift 4200 that preceded it, they are pretty much identical and well sorted.

The only real choice with the GS is Tech or LE. For me, its always been LE but you get your money back at the end with either if well looked after, even a bit more in this rising market.

One final consideration, I would try and get the Pre 06 models, purely as the RFL is half the price each year and £550 is a lot extra to pay.

You have slightly contradicted yourself there since you will struggle to find a pre-06 LE spec car. BUT it is also important to note that the LE designation was purely an advantageously priced option pack on the later models. So with an LE you know you are getting a well specified car but it is not only LE cars that have full leather and plenty of 05/55 plate cars will have been ordered and built to what later became the LE spec. I know you know this but this is for the benefit of the OP and others searching a GS :)

Spec and options for UK cars (including the later LE Option Pack below):

Standard:

Skyhook
19 inch Trofeo design alloy wheel.
Maserati Stability Control
Leather and Brightex racing fabric interior (Nero, Grigio, Nickel, Blu metal)
Sports seats
Start button
Deeper front and rear bumpers with chrome front and rear grilles, side skirt under door
Four airbags.
Cambiocorsa model F1 derived 6 speed paddle shift transmission with electro hydraulic clutch actuation and automatic double declutching (35% quicker changes than CC)
Immobiliser and alarm
Three spoke sports steering wheel and centre console in carbon fibre.
Exterior colours - Giallo Granturismo, Rosso Mondiale, Nero Carbonio, Blu Mediterraneo, Gfigio Touring or Bianco Fuji at extra cost.
Nav Track
Sports exhaust system.

Options:

Out of range paint - £1450
Paint colour from sample - £2900
Pearlescent Bianco Fuji - £3482
Coloured brake calipers (red, aluminium or yellow) -£388
External grills in black - £295
19 inch Trofeo alloys - Grigio Mercury - £470
19 inch Trofeo alloys - Ball polished - £755
Cruise control - £341
Spare wheel - £441
Carbon fibre rear wing - £775
Sat Nav and GSM phone - £2465
Auditorium 200 hi-fi - £645
Electrochromic rear view mirror - £235
Xenon and washer jets - £964
Rear Parking Sensors - £447
CD changer Becker six disc - £540
Five piece luggage set - £1721
Fire extinguisher - £341
Car cover - £183
Coloured steering wheel colour on request - £182
Heated front seats with driver memory - £530
Carbon fibre door sill trim - £585
Carbon fibre door panel trim - £495
Aluminium passenger foot rest - £425
Full Leather in lieu of brightex racing fabric - £1680

Packages:

Limited Edition package (LE) - £3175
Red coloured calipers
CD changer
Full Leather
19 inch Trofeo in Grigio Mercury
Electrochromatic rear view mirror
Heated front seats with driver memory
External grills in black
Seatta badges
Xenon headlight washers
Auditorium 200 high power hi fi
Rear Parking Sensors

conaero

Forum Owner
Loz had a silver early 06 car (on a 55 plate from memory) that runs from Sept 05 to March 06...and probably an 06 build that was the cheaper tax rate so they do exist. The cars mechanically, are all identical.

I, on the other hand, had two GS's both on 06 plate that runs after the tax change from Mar 06 - Sep 06

FA57GTA

Very helpful guys thanks!
I've spotted a silver one on autotrader with a dealer 40k miles, it's an LE model too. What are your thoughts on this one?
Thanks tom.