Advice required

rossyl

The ethos of your car is British. The ethos of TVR is the same.

TVR owners have for a long time been changing the POS unreliable engines (some of which are the same Rover V8) to Chevrolet LS V8 engines.

You get that amazing V8 sound that will always trump a Straight 6, and you get a more modern more reliable engine.

Chat to these guys ... http://www.topcatsracing.com/ Great place and have all the knowledge of Chevy V8

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Whilst I appreciate the nuclear arms race you suggest, the infrastructure of said car isn't up to the challenge of mega power. A steady 250-280 brake, uprated brakes, suspension and interior will be enough in a car that weighs about 960kg. I don't want a GTR wannabe, I want an unusual car with modern levels of get up and go.

FIFTY

Whilst I appreciate the nuclear arms race you suggest, the infrastructure of said car isn't up to the challenge of mega power. A steady 250-280 brake, uprated brakes, suspension and interior will be enough in a car that weighs about 960kg. I don't want a GTR wannabe, I want an unusual car with modern levels of get up and go.

BMW N54 engine has around 260-270bhp so it's enough power out of the box. They are pretty solid engines only the BiTurbo was problematic

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
That sounds like a good plan. Please pm me the details. I'll have to work out if it will fit under the bonnet!

urquattrogus

A BMW six would be nice, or a rover V8 but with aftermarket engine management. A lot of them only control fueling and not ignition.

The V8 might actually be lighter than the six, when it comes to weight distribution etc. The rover/buick is all alloy and I should imagine most BMW sixes are cast iron block, save for the very latest ones.

Dan!

I reckon it's a triumph TR7

I remember the look of disdain on Benny's face whilst in the presence of an MG so I doubt it's one of those.
It won't be a stag as V8 is the default on those.
A spitfire with a an M3 straight 6 in it would be suitably crazy for him as a 2nd guess.