Non Starting Granturismo with 2400 miles

iainw

Agree with bob. I would demand same day recovery and delivered courtesy car same day

MaseratiTodd

Contigo I'm thinking the same thing...... I don't have a lift to get to the starter to try and hot start it and the ECU is a whole other beast..... Dealer tech from 2 different dealers said they've never seen a starter go out.... I find that hard to believe

iainw

Yes I know I have already been in touch.... The car is at home and I have others so we are in no hurry...

Just gives a chance to try more cars. I had 2 more at home but managed to try out an F type and a Cali T. I just wanted to keep the miles off my other cars out of principle. Agree though it's worth the wait to get it to the right place with the right people. Seems like you have been very unlucky on such a new car. Italian gremlins ...

Contigo

Sponsor
I'd still try the spare key as Pete suggested but you seem like a bright cookie and will no doubt have already explore all avenues. Hope it is all good and it will be under warranty so no need to fret at all.

philw696

Here's a video of what happens when we attempt to start....[video]https://youtu.be/kL0Whdt9Gwo[/video]
Having watched the video see what the voltage drops to when you go to start.
Use a multi multi meter across the battery.
Will be interesting to see what it drops too.

CatmanV2

That looks a bit screwed to me.
1)It thinks all the doors are open
2) The parking sensors are going off

I think this one is electronic

C

Contigo

Sponsor
That looks a bit screwed to me.
1)It thinks all the doors are open
2) The parking sensors are going off

I think this one is electronic

C

1) That's because the drivers door is open (left hand drive US car)
2) It's in a garage so PDC will be going off

MaseratiTodd

Life is good.... we are the lucky ones to own a car of this kind... in the meantime I'm going to sit in the pool and have a cold one... Next week I'll let you know the outcome.Beer.jpg

CatmanV2

1) That's because the drivers door is open (left hand drive US car)
2) It's in a garage so PDC will be going off

Does it show both doors being open when only driver's is? Pretty sure mine doesn't. Also why would the PDC be going off, unless it's in reverse (or has been) and why is it not on the display?

I guess these things may have changed since mine was built :)

C

MaseratiTodd

So its been at the dealership for a week now. No progress. They say all the computer modules are working fine. Starter ok, battery is fine. They have calls into Modena but no luck yet.....

iainw

Wow. Italian gremlins at a new level. Never ceases to amaze me how these cars can pull this **** and even master techs haven't Seen it before.

My favourite ECU warning light came on yesterday - impossibly high temperate in catalytic converter, please drive to dealer 'slowly' . PMSL. A two hour drive to a dealer (at 10pm at night) 'slowly' for something that will likely reset itself the next morning. The trouble with these cars is the amount of sensors. It wouldn't surprise me if it started saying 'you need to go to the toilet 'soon', please make allowances before starting your days work...

CatmanV2

That's one you might well want to get checked though. Could indicate the cats are failing.

C

Andy Marshall

Could it be a faulty ignition switch? The complete lack of change in the dash when you go to the "start" phase suggests that this is not being seen by the car?

iainw

That's one you might well want to get checked though. Could indicate the cats are failing.

C

Apparently it's v common if you look at posts on ferrari chat. It's in next week anyway for a GTO grill so will get them to check it and get it sorted under warranty. It was bizarre to take it in for the annual service and presented with a bill for nothing!