Hello all

Nayf

Hi - I'm Nathan. I'm the Assistant Editor of Modern Classics magazine and have been posting under that account for a while. However, I'm a Maserati and Alfa enthusiast so I thought it best to sign up under my own name. Current realistic (well, ish) dream car is a Maserati GranSport (driven a couple thanks to Richard Grace), though the Shamal is the icon (for me at least).
Though it's unlikely I'll be able to dip my toe into Maserati ownership I keep coming back to this forum; as I said to a fellow Maserati enthusiast it's a bit like a tramp hanging around a Mayfair restaurant in the hope of some fine food vapours, but I can always dream.
Driven a few Masers - couple of Ghibli IIs, a QP, a 3200, a 4200 and the aforementioned GranSports, and the latter is the sweet spot.

Also have a fondness for Alfas, Alpinas, six-cylinder BMW M cars, pre-unification AMGs, Honda Civic Type-R EP3s and Porsche 928s.

Hello and that :)

midlifecrisis

Hi Nathan, welcome to the right Maserati forum.

Please don't brag too much about the cars you've driven.
It's interesting that there's a niche in the over crowded, imo, car magazine market for yours. Testament to the quality of journalism.

So ever thought of taking the plunge, by getting a Shamal or GS?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Welcome along Nathan. I'm sure you'll find plenty of Maser chat on here til you manage to get into your own GS...

Contigo

Sponsor
Nathan welcome! I've got a lovely 3200 with your name all over it! Want to borrow it for a test drive?

conaero

Forum Owner
Welcome Nathan....a Maserati not required to get involved in this forum, enthusiasm a must!

Nayf

Hi Nathan, welcome to the right Maserati forum.

Please don't brag too much about the cars you've driven.
It's interesting that there's a niche in the over crowded, imo, car magazine market for yours. Testament to the quality of journalism.

So ever thought of taking the plunge, by getting a Shamal or GS?
I'd love to take the plunge, and was checking my finance options on a GS. Currently more than my mortgage, and more than I can afford. And I wouldn't want to run one on a shoestring, it wouldn't be fair on the car!

@ Contigo
As great as the 3200 is, there's something about the NA V8...

zagatoes30

Welcome your fondness list is very similar to mine although I would add Pre Fiat Lancias and replace Honda with Peugeot GTis from the 80s.

I dreamed of a Maser for years before i dipped my toe with a QP IV only to find 6 months later i needed another and the 4200 Spyder joined it, that has just moved on but I still find myself looking more often than perhaps I should

Nayf

I'd love to take the plunge, and was checking my finance options on a GS. Currently more than my mortgage, and more than I can afford. And I wouldn't want to run one on a shoestring, it wouldn't be fair on the car!

@ Contigo
Yes; I really rated it first in a GT group test for Modern Classics in issue three (crikey that seems ages ago now...).
I do love the 3200 and I grew up idolising Turbo cars - but having sampled a GS and a 4200...

philw696

Welcome to a Great forum where you will find some superb cars and nice owners.
In my opinion a good 4200 is as good as a GS and would leave you more cash to maintain her unless you must have the carbon fiber and don't need the Sat nav which none of us need.

Contigo

Sponsor

@ Contigo

Owned all the Coupes bar the GS but driven them and as good as they are they lack the soul of the 3200 IMO.

philw696

I agree Phil a good 3200 manual box is a really exciting car and have probably driven the best one in the world here in NZ and it blew me away for sure.
Just love the 4200 as it ticks all the boxes.

Andyk

A big warm welcome Nathan.... A great forum this .... You will be made very welcome.

safrane

Welcome.

As NZ Phil says, don't discount the 4200 esp the latter ones. I have had two previously and now a GS and that car is no better than the standard coupe... in fact it's far less comfortable.