My 916 Spider Videos

MrMickS

I'm having a bit of fun playing with video cameras on the Spider, it does look good in the sun, so I thought I'd create a place to share them. Hopefully the practice I get on the Spider will mean I should be able to get some good video of the Ghibli in the mountains when we go to Italy.

I'm quite pleased with how shiny I got the car to be able to capture the reflections.

Last edited:

MrMickS

Looked like a nice day for a drive in a Spyder out in the Countryside.

It was the best day we've had since we bought it. We got some more video on the way back from the event. I'm going to have a look at that later and see if there is anything I can use. The next challenge for me it to pick up the exhaust note in a usable manner. I can probably drop the cheesy music then :D

MrMickS

Since I've got back to driving I'm spending more time driving the Alfa Spider as it exercises my leg more. Took a trip out into the Dales a couple of weeks ago and shot this video between Middleham and Kettlewell.

Should probably start to collect the little routes together and create some Tulip maps of them.

MrMickS

Probably doing a quick run to Italy in the Spider this time next year for its 18th birthday. Sadly I think Sicily is too far South in that trip. Seems more like a fly/drive trip.

MrMickS

I re-edited the first Robin Hood's Bay video, when I found that the missing sound was my fault so put it back, and have added a second video from that day as we came back home from Pickering. There will probably be only one more set of videos from the Spider this year from Llandow which should be interesting to edit together.

Anyway here are the videos in order:

MrMickS

Took the long way home from visiting parents in Sheffield yesterday with cameras on. Here is a quick blast over Holme Moss

MrMickS

With the weather being a bit miserable I've started editing the video from my trip at the end of August. Here is one of the laps of Zandvoort at Spettacolo Sportivo:

MrMickS

After the trip around Zandvoort we headed down to Italy via the Great St Bernard Pass.

Sorry about the sound but I didn’t tighten the camera mount up enough so picked up a lot of rattle.

MrMickS

Next pass in the trip was the Little St Bernard. It was baking hot, I really wished I'd fixed the aircon before the trip, luckily the temperature dropped as we got higher.

MrMickS

Even though the Spider was suffering from a very rough, almost stalling, idle at altitude it would have been a shame not to drive over the highest paved pass in Europe. Its just a few metres higher than the Stelvio, and not as interesting drive, but the view still worth doing.

You can hear the splutter at the top which is why I decided against stopping. I'll have to go back again to get some pictures from the top.

MrMickS

Last one from the road trip. It was 35C in the shade and we got a pretty decent tan driving with the roof off.