QP GTS available (briefly)

StuartW

Looking at these photos, I can't believe that you are willing to part with it - just a delight!

rockits

Stop it Ewan.....you tease! Lucky I already have a QP elst it would be mine.

Are the blue inserts Alcatara or Leather?

Andyk

Venturi is a totally lovely thing Ewan.....

Been waiting for your QP to come up for sale Ewan hoping I was finally in the position to buy.....Another dream shattered..... She is truly a credit to you and sure if someone wants one it's a no brainier.

Ewan

Been up on Pistonheads for just over two weeks now. Two interested parties, both of whom called to say they were just off on their family summer holidays but would be back in touch on their return. We shall see.

In the meantime I've reduced the price on the Pistonheads ad to £22,995, or £21,995 for a forum or club member.

Two viewings via the forum so far. One couldn't afford it, the other doesn't really know whether he wants a DS or auto, or to spend £13k or £23k (or less, or more). Have given him what QP buying advice I can, having had 4 of them over the last 10 years and run them as dailys continually over that time.

It's the right car for someone, requiring virtually no spend for the next two years (having been freshly serviced and recently fitted with new rubber) - but finding that particular someone during August hasn't proved easy!

rockits

My 20k offer a while back wasn't really too silly then.

It will sell you just need to be patient. Holiday period and then kids going back to school. It should sell by end of Sept I expect.

How is the replacement Maser BTW?

Andyk

Great price.... great car .... Always surprises me how long QP's take to sell. Classifieds are littered with onesf that have been for sale for ages but yours should buck that trend as its just one of it not best onoffer and certainly at that price.

bigbob

Never understood why the QPV is as cheap as it is. I can only rationalise it by remembering that in general with fancy cars, convertibles are worth most, then coupes and then saloons. Shame as so much of a GranCabrio/GranTurismo and a QPV are the same.

rockits

Agreed, I don't get it either. When you compare what I would need to pay for a GT to get similar to my QP I would need to pay 5-10k more. I didn't think it was worth that extra for a Coupe body.

Andyk

Agree Rockits.... The QP is the more 'Modern' car as well as the 4200/GS is based on the 3200 platform I believe where as wasn't the QP all new in 2005. Supppose its that V8 4 door thing that most manufacturers have. Prices drop like a stone.

iainw

I think its the lack of consumer knowledge and the rational fear of big upkeep bills.
VFM wise its insane. You could chauffeur Donald Trump Around in Ewan's and he would feel at home.
For the same cost as a Ford Galaxy without a sat nav and standard wheels.