Looking at a 916 Spider any tips

MrMickS

Hood shouldn't be too much of an issue as they can easily be raised and lowered manually, if they fail. It will probably start working again once you have fully lowered and raised it that way.

Locked the rear of the hood down with the buttons behind the seat anyway so its all good for now. Will probably take it to work tomorrow instead of the Ghibli and see if hood down/up etc fixes it.

MrMickS

Great first drive for me this morning. The trip to work is great in the sun with the roof down. After stowing the hood manually I could secure the cover with the button behind the seat which put a smile on my face. When I parked up the power hood was back in operation. Hurrah!!

As I can't upload pictures here, I've stuck some on Flickr in a Topless Fun album.

StuartW

That does look very nice, excellent combination of interior & exterior colours - enjoy the sunny days

MrMickS

Took it to work yesterday. It wasn't raining so I had the top down coming home. Had a chap pull up next to me, lower his window, and complement the car. It seems to draw as much attention as the Ghibli.

The only issues so far is reversing into spaces with the roof up. I've no idea where the back of the car is.

allandwf

Took it to work yesterday. It wasn't raining so I had the top down coming home. Had a chap pull up next to me, lower his window, and complement the car. It seems to draw as much attention as the Ghibli.

The only issues so far is reversing into spaces with the roof up. I've no idea where the back of the car is.
:) You get used to reversing, I always seemed to stop around 3' short when I started!

zagatoes30

Reversing with the roof up is a knack but you soon get used to it. They are great little cars for summer fun

conaero

Forum Owner
Having the rear wind deflector it makes no difference if the roof is up or down....hope for the best!

MrMickS

I can imagine. Not having a wind deflector does mean that reversing with the hood down is pretty easy.