Bluetooth Adaptor for streaming iPhone if you have iPod Adaptor fitted

Heavenly

All sorted now.
One of my Apple techs had my car for a couple hours, downloaded or changed some firmware (no idea what he did) and has set the ipod up to work fully. iPod has full functionality now thank god and also looking at importing some software to improve the satnav.

CatmanV2

All sorted now.
One of my Apple techs had my car for a couple hours, downloaded or changed some firmware (no idea what he did) and has set the ipod up to work fully. iPod has full functionality now thank god and also looking at importing some software to improve the satnav.

Neat. Any way you can get some details of what he did?

C

hoyin

Yes, but:
I know its gone, but can I ask...
a) Does the particular model stay 'always on'? (I have a simple BT adaptor, but it powers down whenever I leave the car, and I have to push the button to re-start and reconnect every time)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R...qid=1497249562
b) Do you know how they manage to integrate with the car controls and screen? I'm thinking it must need an interface I don't have with the simple aux setup in my 2009 QP (and with my android phone)???
Thanks

Ok so I used it.

Doesn't need to be paired every time you start the car. Finds and pairs very quickly.

You can't control the music via the steering wheel (but I didn't expect this).

You control the music through your phone as it is just broadcasting your audio via Bluetooth.

Quality seems absolutely fine.

I use it mainly for Spotify.

The best thing is you can use Waze and get it to make the announcements through the phone whilst music is being broadcast to the car without interruptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cogsy

I wouldnt call a 2013 Maserati and an 80gb ipod a mismatch in technology, I deal with Apple on a daily basis and actually not come across a car that cant do this, then saying that I have to say as much as I love the car the headunit is possibly the worse designed and sounding peace of junk i've ever encountered. :)
If it were not for resale value id rip it all out.
I cant believe there cannot be a single person that doesnt use an iPod with the Maserati iPod adaptor, its even in the spec list.

So frustrating this. The ICE booklet that comes with the car says when you connect an iPod it should automatically be available to control and access content via the ICE controls (inc steering wheel). Just doesn't work. The whole ICE/Satnav system is so antiquated. Bought one of my kids a Peugeot 208 a couple of years ago and it has a miles better system as standard. Just lazy by Maserati this is. Dealers are clueless when it comes to it.

Have seen your other post about having it sorted. Does your mate want some more work?

JonW

So frustrating this. The ICE booklet that comes with the car says when you connect an iPod it should automatically be available to control and access content via the ICE controls (inc steering wheel). Just doesn't work. The whole ICE/Satnav system is so antiquated. Bought one of my kids a Peugeot 208 a couple of years ago and it has a miles better system as standard. Just lazy by Maserati this is. Dealers are clueless when it comes to it.

Have seen your other post about having it sorted. Does your mate want some more work?

Couldn't agree more. I'd be very interested in contact details for anyone who could get the iPod functionality that is described in the ICE booklet (I think as an optional extra) to work on my car...

I've currently gone down the bovee route, but it's not as good as being able to control it all through the in-car controls...

GeoffCapes

All sorted now.

I'll have to have a look at that!

chicagolynns

Guys,

I have a 2009 Granturismo. Been looking for something for ages which can let me stream from Spotify, instead of aux cable into the glovebox. With new iPhone having no headphone jack, thought I'd check again.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIREFLY-Sm...8609544&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=firefly+tunai

I found this - it works !!!! Tiny and neat, Plugs into Aux and USB. connects via bluetooth really quickly, and streams via Aux. Also switches itself off after a while when the ignition is off, so doesn't drain the battery. Amazing. NB. I told them it was for a Maserati when ordering - there seemed to be a software tweak required for older editions - so I'd suggest mentioning that.

A very chuffed customer.

Rwc13

On this recommendation I ordered one of these. Arrived today. Have to say very impressed and for less than £30 on Amazon Prime. Plugs into the USB and aux in the glove box of a QPV or GT. Lights up to show live and working. IPhone finds and links immediately. And Bluetooth stream seems crystal clear so far.

Masser50

I use a Bluetooth receiver, Spotify on iPhone and get round the steering wheel issue by using ‘Hey Siri’ to move tracks hands free.

MGT

Guys,

I have a 2009 Granturismo. Been looking for something for ages which can let me stream from Spotify, instead of aux cable into the glovebox. With new iPhone having no headphone jack, thought I'd check again.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIREFLY-Sm...8609544&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=firefly+tunai

I found this - it works !!!! Tiny and neat, Plugs into Aux and USB. connects via bluetooth really quickly, and streams via Aux. Also switches itself off after a while when the ignition is off, so doesn't drain the battery. Amazing. NB. I told them it was for a Maserati when ordering - there seemed to be a software tweak required for older editions - so I'd suggest mentioning that.

A very chuffed customer.

Pardon my ignorance, but how did you let amazon know it was for a Maserati?

Stormbrew

Re Firefly

I bought one on your recommendation for my 2014 GT but it doesn’t work. I trying deactivating and reactivating the AUX but still when I try and search for it on the iPhone, it doesn’t find it. The instructions seem to suggest the firefly flashes etc. But mine does nothing. Is there something obvious I am missing?

spkennyuk

Sounds like the USB end isnt getting power.

Have you tried pairing it outside of the car by plugging the USB end into a laptop for example ?

If the USB end lights up while its plugged into a laptop then you should be able to pair your phone to it. If thats the case then it would suggest your not getting power from your USB connection source in the car.

If it doesnt light up and allow pairing when you connect to a USB power source outside of the car then it suggests the firefly may be faulty.

Stormbrew

Excellent idea.... thank you

Just found a USB port in the house and does indeed flask.
Therefore, the good news is that it works.
The bad news is that clearly the USB port in the car isn’t getting power. Anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix?

spkennyuk

Excellent idea.... thank you

Just found a USB port in the house and does indeed flask.
Therefore, the good news is that it works.
The bad news is that clearly the USB port in the car isn’t getting power. Anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix?

You should be able to get a usb extention lead and get the power from your cig lighter as a cheap fix in the meantime.

spkennyuk

The USB port in the Granturismo came in two flavours. Power only or full function USB.

If the symbol next to the USB port shows a rectangle with brackets in it then its a power only port. If it shows the more familiar offset trident type symbol then its a full function USB port.

Either type should work for your purpose but i think its only going to receive power with the ignition on. If its still not getting power at that point then it looks like you may have a faulty USB port.

Im not aware of any settings in the info system to enable the USB port but im sure somebody with a GT will advise if there is.

Rwc13

The USB sockets in these cars can sometimes be a bit tricky. Mine wasn't working when I pushed mine all the way in. But when I eased it out a little and it got a power connection and started to work

rd993

I tried this too. Unfortunately doesn’t work via the usb in the glovebox. My Maserati iPod connector works fine through that port so lord knows what’s going on...