Fish and chips tonight

highlander

With rain and thunder predicted for tomorrow have decided to bring Saturday forward to tonight and take the two cars a wee run to Ullapool for a fish supper and swing back home via loch maree......sometimes it is really hard living up here ;)

BL330

Sounds like a good excuse for a run.
I have been known to drive an hour and a half west of here on quiet country roads for breakfast, then return.
When I say quiet, they were until I came through!

MrMickS

Fish and chips sounds like an idea. Quick run out to Whitby later then. Will have to find somewhere other than the Magpie though as they decided to fry the building as well as the fish and chips.

Corranga

Enjoy! I'm sitting in the office staring at a bright blue and clear sky, and wishing I'd taken the afternoon off for a cheeky wee run out myself :(

allandwf

Fog bound in the middle of the North Sea here. Someone has to pay for the good weather onshore.

D Walker

It is glorious in North Yorkshire,
Think BBQ going on as it means I can have a beer while tending the coals,
My excuse anyway,
Work in morning tho....

Wack61

With rain and thunder predicted for tomorrow have decided to bring Saturday forward to tonight and take the two cars a wee run to Ullapool for a fish supper and swing back home via loch maree......sometimes it is really hard living up here ;)

It must be great having empty roads 5 minutes away, today I'm jealous , january, not so much :D

highlander

It must be great having empty roads 5 minutes away, today I'm jealous , january, not so much :D

Lol yes there is mid winter........not thinking on that now though. Cracking drive. On way back passed a group of GTRs heading north obviously on first leg of 500. Can appreciate they are fast and technically better than they cost, but they have no charisma whatsoever IMO.

Wack61

Agreed
Iovely evening here so I went out in the mx5 , I have to drive 15 miles to get out of urban areas and even then it's 30 40 50 60 50 40 60 40

B roads are the only national limit roads these days round here , most other roads are a pita with long stretches of 50 mph

Thanks for that bikers

highlander

Yes. I realise we are lucky around here compared to most of the country........but then we do have 190 miles of average speed if heading south on the A9 :( there are stretches of A road on the 500 around me that are quiet enough and you can see far enough ahead that you can waft or "play" on.......choices, choices ;)