Plea for forgiveness and non-exile

iainw

I finally took delivery of my new car today, and it was bitter sweet - sweet in that its a ridiculously nice machine which sounds much better than I thought, and looks stunning and bitter in that I feel I am cheating on my first love.

I still think the GTS was a riot, sounded and looked sublime and amazing VFM, but I had to take the chance to change to a Ferrari - it was an itch that had to be scratched.

SM has been the best forum I have been on - due to the members, and I have learned a lot of good stuff over the past couple of years.

Dont condemn me to Ferrari chat for my temporary oversight...

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

Wack61

Very nice ,Bit **** they left a cliff Richard CD on the seat though, or is it yours and they thoughtfully put it in a black envelope

iainw

It was a 'sorry to hear you are divorced' card :D and a nice little framed picture of the car at the main dealers.
Thoughtful of them to spend £5 on it.
They wouldn't even throw in a Carbon Fibre Keyring when I asked.
Oh how times have changed..

mattjevans

It's got the right colour scheme!

Cali was meant to be a Maser originally anyway (or so the legend/myth goes) so you're in the right forum I reckon

Let's hear it please...

iainw

I don't want to say anything too positive out of respect to the Trident.
I am blown away on first impressions.
Almost perforated my wife's eardrum with the first proper rev- not expecting anything like the sound emanating from the back.
Needless to say she was very unimpressed and I was grinning.
How anyone can say its too refined I don't know.
It should come with a hoody.

Andyk

Stunning Iain....this is a different league to the GTS certainly a step up the ladder.....Look forward to hearing how you get on with her and when are you coming to Chepstow

MrMickS

Does look lovely. Not my favourite current Ferrari, but M would love one when I earn my millions.

I understand the itch that needs to be scratched. It is something I need to do at some point. Just has to be done. Congratulations. Hopefully there will be a suitable Maser to come back to when you get fed up with it.

iainw

Thankyou guys I appreciate it.
I think that's what makes this forum so good- the mutual appreciation of cars of all types - and the helping hands that
Are there when people run into trouble.
Just trepidation preparing for benny's thoughts? Are you out there mate?

Ewan

Good choice - excellent car for the money. Not sure the kids will thank you on a long journey though! The rear seats is the one thing that the MC-Cab Maser has over the Cal.

Perfect weather for it today. Get out there and enjoy.