Note to self

CatmanV2

When you lose power at home, the ELCB on the extension that powers the C-Tek will trip off. Which means the GT will have a *very* flat battery when you go to start it.

*sigh*

C

Wack61

You want to move to a more civilised part of the world where electricity is provided 24/7, either that or keep more 50p coins handy :D

CatmanV2

Sound to me that whatever you have on in your garage is causing a surge in electrity that is enough to trip the breaker. Rather than going 'up' in current value try a 'C' rated breaker that 'allows' the surge to subdue before tripping. Most Household RCD's are 'B' rated.

See this link... https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HGNC116.html

Nah, it resets the moment you unplug it or turn the power off. It won't reset until you press the button again.

C

alfatwo

Sound to me that whatever you have on in your garage is causing a surge in electrity that is enough to trip the breaker. Rather than going 'up' in current value try a 'C' rated breaker that 'allows' the surge to subdue before tripping. Most Household RCD's are 'B' rated.

See this link... https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HGNC116.html

Tripping a breaker,what's all that rubbish about. Around here were still on old school Wylex 7 way distribution units with wire fuses!

Dave

alfatwo

Use guitar strings for the fuse wire, they last last longer.....

Nice one mate;) I just don't get all this modern tech, the old stuff has worked perfectly fine for the last 40 years so why change it!

It's just like the smart meter boll*cks there trying to roll out, It's for there benefit not yours!

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
Get a new battery! It must be duff, I left mine for 2 weeks recently and it fired no problem!!!

Contigo

Sponsor
Mine has a tracker too, not sure how much current a valve control unit draws when not in use. Still get a decent battery on it.

CatmanV2

Mine has a tracker too, not sure how much current a valve control unit draws when not in use. Still get a decent battery on it.

Phil, it's got a brand bloody new Bosch battery (well 11 months old)

That's not the problem. I'm really happy that you can leave yours for 2 weeks, but it's not mine.

C

MarkMas

Chief pedant
When you lose power at home, the ELCB on the extension that powers the C-Tek will trip off. Which means the GT will have a *very* flat battery when you go to start it. C

Solution is to drive the GT for at least 100 miles every day.

RobinL

To be fair I see the trip reset as a training issue. My missus has a list of things she has to reset if anything like that happens!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk