SOLD Alfa Romeo P3 Spider 3.2V6 24v

rockits

If close to asking price I would sell. I don't think it will move north much for some time. Better cars to put that money into IMHO. A sale at close to asking price is a good deal & rewards you for all your time, effort & work.

Vampyrebat

Before you sell her Matt can I come around and eat my dinner off your engine!!??.............Oh also, yes, ban Benny. But not before he's given us the Oulton park tickets!!

StuartW

If you're having to ask on here, you don't absolutely adore it so time to sell I would say. You've had fun with it but there are plenty of other cars out there to try

BuckRog64

So did you or not? Well done on digging out that old Top Gear clip by the way; I remember it well.

conaero

Forum Owner
It will be 5k more expensive next time she comes knocking! ;)

Well, I did say.

None cat, that car would be £16k, its Cat D mechanical so it must be the lowest depreciation on the spectrum, say 20%, really I feel 15% is more realistic but hey ho, £16k x 0.8 = £12,800 and I wanted £1500 less than that.

One of only 37 RHD 3.2 Spiders and one owner, 26k miles.

If I have learnt anything in this world, things that go stratospheric, are V engined, ultra rare Italian classics.

I'll keep her for now as she is lovely to drive, might get the cat removed by Autoline for £200 as its obviously bothering people.

Its only going to ever go one way...

Andyk

£16k...Christ Matt they have gone up in price...Remember when they struggled to get 6/7k a number of years back but then you really never see them come up for sale.....Remember mover seeing one at £6500...Wish I had bought it now.

conaero

Forum Owner
Rarety Andy, rarely!

I based the price on a trade 3.2GTV I saw for sale recently that sold within a month.

It was in good condition and mileage was lowish, 40k miles from memory.

That was for a GTV 3.2 and ok, it was trade, but they made a couple of hundred 3.2 GTV whereas only 37 3.2 Spiders were made of which few low mileage clean examples remain.

You just never see 3.2 Spiders come up for sale I saw one about 6 years ago, blue, low mileage with the optional hard top. It was up for around £9k from memory and I enquired but it sold pretty much the same day!

There was also one in Spain/Portugal a couple of years ago, average mileage, around £11k but it was LHD so it doesnt really count.

I have also seen some leggy examples at around the same money I am asking.

Monza Sport had P3.2 GTV up for the £11k mark (I know of the owner), had done 130k miles, was on its 3rd engine but TBF was in good condition. The owner, in the end, couldn't part with it and removed it from sale even though he had a buyer and price agreed.

I have kept a very close eye on the GTV/Spider 3.2 market over the past 10 years.

Andyk

Good to see an Alfa going up price wise and that's rare these days unless it's an 8C and that really a Maserati under that pretty body.

BuckRog64

Worth bearing in mind that many dealers and "analysts" are saying the market for modern classics peaked last year and prices are starting to soften. Prediction is for a soft landing with some sensible readjustment rather than a crash.

In support of this, I attended a couple of Historics at Brooklands auctions last year and pretty much everything was selling and many cars going for over upper guide price. Attended earlier this month and a significant percentage of cars were sold below their lower guide price. In addition, if anything the guide prices were lower than last year for similar condition cars.

GeoffCapes

It is definitely cooling off. It's hard selling cars these days.

Like most things, it all depends on what you are selling.

I'm buying (or trying to) the missus a M Class Merc (her choice) for between 15k and 20k and literally anything decent is going like hot cakes!

conaero

Forum Owner
At £11k we are hardly talking the bigger market of over inflated classics, infant this is good as attention will turn to the lower end to weed out deals to make larger gains.

The GTV at £16k with the dealer sold within the month BTW!