Maserati granturismo s mc shift 2010 Rosso mondiale red with contrast alcantara

Andyk

If you haven't got the extra £10k, or can't finance it, it's probably not the car to buy. If you do 10-15k miles in it, you'll wave goodbye to another £10-15k in depreciation alone.

Yep get that but surely that's the same fr a car with 25k on the clock...add another 15k miles and you'll lose the same sort of money.....but yes once you creep closer t the 100k unless it's a bargain it will be hard t shift on.

BuckRog64

Very interesting debate on the blue car. I think it has plenty going for it imo. 1. Fab colour combo. 2. Cheapest facelift on the market? 3. Comfort of main dealer warranty, which I assume is extendable. 4. Perhaps not a bargain but certainly very competitively priced. 5. Probably some cash discount to be had and/or negotiate extended warranty.

If it's to be used as a second or third car and sold after say 2 years pleasure before it hits 60k miles I think it stacks up as a great buy. Note the red car at start of thread sold privately for c.£37k at 58k miles - big alcantara spec but 2 years older and pre-facelift. For a buyer intending to do more miles I agree it's not the car for them.

BuckRog64

as opposed to this, realize its not a facelift, but nearly 30k less miles....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ranturismo-v8-sport-2dr-mc-auto-shift/7156791

Saw that one Dave. Mistake in the title of the ad though I think. It's an Auto and not the pre facelift Sport pack either as has four exhaust tips etc. So, whilst looks nice and good value, perhaps not a direct comparison as MC Shift sells for a fair premium over standard Auto?

The longer I wait for a manual 3200 the closer I get to being able to afford a GTS and that blue car appeals.

D Walker

I really need to take more notice, Dicky tried to educate me but I cant take it in,

its a good looking car !!

StuartW

From my experience of trying to sell my very sorted MC Shift, they are still very mileage sensitive with so many on the market. I couldn't sell it fully serviced needing literally to be spent for anything close to the £35k I was hoping to get and the 54k mileage I am sure was a major factor

Andyk

Saw that one Dave. Mistake in the title of the ad though I think. It's an Auto and not the pre facelift Sport pack either as has four exhaust tips etc. So, whilst looks nice and good value, perhaps not a direct comparison as MC Shift sells for a fair premium over standard Auto?

The longer I wait for a manual 3200 the closer I get to being able to afford a GTS and that blue car appeals.

Spot on Pete standard car....Not MC Auto which is the more desirable car and that's a dealer saying ts an MC which is a concern.

iainw

I agree with your thoughts on it. Beautiful car. As you said- the white one- no comparison

Nemcova

Just on a general question, clearly mileage is an issue. I'm not an expert obviously, but could someone explain the big issue on miles?
I think most of us on here have our cars well looked after, with more care and money spent on our Masers than most other more standard cars. Even though my QP is a 2007, it's more new car than old car with what I've had done, so with a full MD service history what's the problem?

The depreciation that I'm looking at on the GT's at the moment is crazy and I feel bad for the guys trying to sell these on at unrealistic depreciation rates for such gorgeous cars.

I didn't think I'd be even close on a GT for a while, but now who knows??? - Real Maserati marque value reality check in order I think (for all of our sakes), before this crazy trend gets out of hand.

CatmanV2

Just on a general question, clearly mileage is an issue.

Only in the UK

Almost purely psychological, in my view. Clearly there are some things that will fail due to high mileage, but the 50k barrier is just stupid

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
These cars are better used, honestly. They get a right strop if they don't get driven. If you want long-term reliability get one that's done sensible mileage and has been well cared for.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I really need to take more notice, Dicky tried to educate me but I cant take it in,

its a good looking car !!

2011MY and earlier, simple, Auto or MC Shift
2012MY, auto could have sport pack option, which gave side skirts, oval exhausts, and MC Auto Shift Software, or standard auto cars (no sport pack) are same as earlier cars, or you could still have an MC Shift.
2013MY Granturismo Sport, all autos have Sport Pack, or you can have an MC Shift.

Simples....

StuartW

2011MY and earlier, simple, Auto or MC Shift
2012MY, auto could have sport pack option, which gave side skirts, oval exhausts, and MC Auto Shift Software, or standard auto cars (no sport pack) are same as earlier cars, or you could still have an MC Shift.
2013MY Granturismo Sport, all autos have Sport Pack, or you can have an MC Shift.

Simples....

This needs to be a sticky on here somewhere - I swear that I have read Richard explain the differences on numerous occasions!

BuckRog64

I've got one of the best 3200's we've ever had for sale if it's of interest.

Thank you Dicky. When I started looking last autumn I had a budget of £15k in mind. Plan was to run the car for a year or two by which time a nice GTS would be in budget. Now accept this is unlikely and, with hindsight, should have bought either the silver or green example you had for sale at the time. If I need to spend £20k+ for a good manual 3200 I think I will give it a miss. May be wrong but I think the modern classic market is a bubble waiting to burst so running costs and depreciation on a 3200 would just deplete funds available for GTS. So, unless a great value 3200 comes to market, we will be having a conversation in the future about sourcing a GTS, which I plan on keeping for a very long time.

Contigo

Sponsor
A good 3200 will depreciate much slower than a GTS!!!

Paid £40k for mine a year ago with 43k miles and it's on 52k now, it's probably lost £5k but I really don't care, I bought it to use and enjoy.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Thank you Dicky. When I started looking last autumn I had a budget of £15k in mind. Plan was to run the car for a year or two by which time a nice GTS would be in budget. Now accept this is unlikely and, with hindsight, should have bought either the silver or green example you had for sale at the time. If I need to spend £20k+ for a good manual 3200 I think I will give it a miss. May be wrong but I think the modern classic market is a bubble waiting to burst so running costs and depreciation on a 3200 would just deplete funds available for GTS. So, unless a great value 3200 comes to market, we will be having a conversation in the future about sourcing a GTS, which I plan on keeping for a very long time.

Totally understand, and I don't think a great value 3200 will come to the market. Cheap ones are cheap for a reason. You may find a good one for £17-£19k or so...