any interest in a Scottish meet...?

Angelus

Last post on this for obvious reasons..... I have no working maser :(
Ok, can I suggest the erskine show at braehead? Indoors arena, for a really good charity ( armed forces casualties) cause and I'm sure Lee and other organisers at tartan Tarmac ( apologies to forum for alternative forum plug) would be happy to oblige with maser zone.
Last Saturday in July so fair chance good Scottish weather too to make a good weekend of it ? ;)
Yea, will be at Breahead again this year and we can have a Maserati section if we want. Happy to getus a place to park together.

highlander

That would be a shame Allan, keen to see the new girl in your life. Although not showing marci, Fiona and I coming down for weekend for erskine show at braehead, with the mix of metal and being indoors I rate it highly so not missing going.

Corranga

Braehead show sounds like a good shout, I'm up for it, and free then at the moment too.

I'm also absolutely up for the Grantown on Spey event as I've never made the show, but the run up there over Glenshee is one of my favourites :)

Corranga

Well, here we go!
Haddington Show (East Lothian) 2 June. Not been to this one.

My brother in law thinks he wants a classic Mini at some point, when he has some money for a fun car, probably in a few years time.
He is 6 foot 8 or 9, so he wanted to find out if he fits in one, and mentioned this show back in January or something.
So, we went along on Saturday.

He originally said it was a Mini show, I didn't realise he meant the other definition of Mini.
There was maybe 25 cars there. 20 Minis a VW camper, a couple of old Rovers.
There was more stalls / fairground stuff for kids than cars.

It would have been quite funny had we turned up with a line of Maserati next to the classic Minis :)

D Walker

Has anything been decided on this one as I'm looking to book some weekends away etc, so if it can coincide with a meet then thats what I will do...

Corranga

To save me trawling through 16 pages - is there a date for this? JohnB

No.
We started talking about having a presence at a show rather than a separate meet. Various shows were suggested, but it was likely too late for most.

Angelus suggested we can maybe have a stand at the Braehead arena show:

Yea, will be at Breahead again this year and we can have a Maserati section if we want. Happy to getus a place to park together.

Not sure if it's confirmed / possible, or what we'd need to do.

Angelus

If there is an appetite for Erskine on the 28th of July, I can look into getting a section on the outside concourse.

Corranga

If there is an appetite for Erskine on the 28th of July, I can look into getting a section on the outside concourse.

Well, I guess it doesn't seem like a popular choice!

So, fellow Scotland-based Maser owners, what's the issue?
Location?
Don't want to do a show?

Should we drop back to find a pub and have lunch like last time, or should I give up? :)

allandwf

Location?
Don't want to do a show?

Should we drop back to find a pub and have lunch like last time, or should I give up? :)
Offshore :(

highlander

I'm already going down for erskine show so anyone going, let me know and we can meet up. No car for me since Marci off road so just the craic.

bigbob

Holids

Location?
Don't want to do a show?

Holidays. Any other dates?