What ya listening to now ???

bigbob

'85.. that's Alchemy territory :) , One of my big regrets, not seeing them live while I had the chance.. Still feel bad about it now, after all this time.

‘‘Twas pretty good but I was young and impressionable at the time.

Mind times move on. Was sat at dinner in Quebec last year next to Roger Daltry and kids had no idea who he was.

VMSRTI

Well Mr Waters did not disappoint.

We were in the 12th row and from where we were seated, not only did we have a great view but the sound was truly amazing.

Bring on Robert Plant in April!

Andyk

Whitesnake - Love Hunter LP ... When they were a great rock band with a blues influence instead of that later Anglo American big hair band.

Well Mr Waters did not disappoint.

We were in the 12th row and from where we were seated, not only did we have a great view but the sound was truly amazing.

Bring on Robert Plant in April!

Robert Plant??
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Each to their own (no offence meant just an opinion)

Mattp

I've scored a cheeky work from home day... kids at nannas house, wifey at work... so currently warming the speakers up with nu-disco before winding the system up to THX reference and watching something loud! Usual go-to is John wick or crank, but I've a pile of unmatched to try...i may try ghost in the shell

Andyk

I met Robert Plant in a pub in Monmouth many years ago. He was recording a record at Rockfield studios. Big Q at the bar and no one would let him push in and he said don't you know who I am............My view of him changed after that.

Wack61

About 6 months ago I was listening to an album on Spotify while i was working , album finished then a song I'd never heard before started playing

It's not often a first listen has me stopping what I'm doing to listen but this did , it was first and last by Alex Cornish.

I bought the album on eBay as he was sold out, ordered hang on the word and was surprised when a signed copy with a handwritten note arrived.

Last night I saw him live at the black **** mills heritage venue in Bradford

I hadn't realised how small his audience actually is , 100 people in a small hall , tables and chairs , home made curry and bring your own booze.

I can say with total honesty I haven't enjoyed a gig as much as that in years, love the music , his musicianship and vocals are excellent , fantastic atmosphere , he's playing Winchester Tonight then Putney, £10 a ticket .

When you hear the dross on the radio constantly repeated every 3 hours I've no idea how someone so talented is still playing in pubs after 5 albums

post-20755-0-68919600-1518954356.jpg

MrPea

It's not often a first listen has me stopping what I'm doing to listen but this did , it was first and last by Alex Cornish.
I bought the album on eBay as he was sold out, ordered hang on the word and was surprised when a signed copy with a handwritten note arrived.
Aha, thanks for the recommendation. I'm now listening to that album on Tidal. Really impressive - I'm particularly liking the keyboard playing (but his guitar is also excellent), and the quality of production actually. What an impressive sound-stage and clarity.

Wack61

I'm glad you're enjoying him , Beyond the serenade is an excellent album as well , when I emailed his team to ask when CDs would be coming back in stock I was surprised when Alex replied saying he'd have a look in the garage to see if he had any left

A few days later a parcel arrived with 2 commercial CDs and 3 CDRs with hand written track listings, I pointed out I hadn't paid for them , no payment needed was the reply, I'm just glad you're enjoying the music.

On Saturday after the gig I thanked him for the CDs , he replied ,you're welcome, is it Darren which surprised me a bit , we then had a 10 minute chat , a genuinely nice guy , he needs a new promoter though, on his BBC page there's a link to upcoming gigs which has 3000 watching but this tour isn't even mentioned

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/82d955ac-2026-4f33-94f5-2f3615610f25