What ya listening to now ???

midlifecrisis

Amazon's amazing playlists... You ask for Primal Scream, you get a playlist of band vaguely similar but no Primals...

So I've been experimenting by saying random band names and the best one is.... Status Quo...
Baba O'Riley by the who kick it off...

Andyk

Micky Moody and Bernie Marsden.

Great guitar duo.....They fitted the real Whitesnake perfectly. Bernie is playing Bristol soon I believe as well so may get some tickets.

Listening to AOR band Bad English which was John Waite and half of Journey.

Nibby

Great guitar duo.....They fitted the real Whitesnake perfectly. Bernie is playing Bristol soon I believe as well so may get some tickets.

Listening to AOR band Bad English which was John Waite and half of Journey.

Coverdale was good but he was up his own jacksie, Moody and Marsden got the sack unfairly imho. Some years ago there use to be bands in the local hotel on a sunday night (Bell Hotel Mildenhall) one night in there there was a duo, drummer on vocals and guitarist belting out Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City, really good, turns out it was Dave Dowle the early drummer for Whitesnake, hardly anyone in there that night, no advertising as ex-Whitesnake man playing there, spoke to him and he said he just enjoys playing wherever it is. Top bloke and just another victim of Coverdale's ego.

Andyk

I met Dave Dowle at Clearwel recording studio when he was in Whitesnake. Decent chap. ....... That era was definitely the best Whitesnake line up...Love Hunter and Ready and Willing are my two favourite Whitesnake LP's and I don't think they topped them. Certainly not the big hair band they become....

Listening to Canadian 80's rockers Conry Hatch at the moment....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAS2jK9xU

Nibby

I met Dave Dowle at Clearwel recording studio when he was in Whitesnake. Decent chap. ....... That era was definitely the best Whitesnake line up...Love Hunter and Ready and Willing are my two favourite Whitesnake LP's and I don't think they topped them. Certainly not the big hair band they become....

Listening to Canadian 80's rockers Conry Hatch at the moment....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAS2jK9xU

Clearwell Castle was a place I've read about,legendary place.
They played Reading with that line-up in 1980 and thought them early albums were good.

Andyk

Clearwell Castle was a place I've read about,legendary place.
They played Reading with that line-up in 1980 and thought them early albums were good.

I met all the band and had the Love Hunter LP signed which is still on my wall in the man cave.

2b1ask1

Special case
Though all day in the garden I have been looping in my head Matt Monroe: On Days Like These....

Nibby

I met all the band and had the Love Hunter LP signed which is still on my wall in the man cave.
Sort of thing that i will be putting on the wall in my new home.I looked into getting frames for my t-shirt collection.
Def Leppard got a hard time at Reading 80 due to Geoff Barton putting a headline in Sounds they had solt out to America I seem to remember.

Andyk

Yep remeber it......shows what he knew in the end.....Massive band....Still one of my favourite bands Def Leppard.....