What ya listening to now ???

Nibby

Had this 1982 concert on video tape back in the 80's and wore it out I watched it so much....Saw her in the early 90's in concert and she was brilliant ....

I remember when I heard Steve Wright (Radio 1 in them days) play the new single from the forthcoming Stevie Nicks solo album called Stop Dragging My Heart Around, I bought the single then bought Bella Donna the album when it came out, asked the bloke in Harper's Music if I could have the 3ft high Stevie Nicks cardboard cut-out when the promotion had finished and he obliged,lol
I see her at Wembley Arena around early 90s on her own and seem to remember Richard Marks supporting but he might of been supporting someone else I see around that time.

Nibby

Bit of ramblings here.
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by the Police, the video is mostly shot in the control room at Air Montserrat, Andy Summers can be seen walking on top of the soundboard, my boss designed that board, the last album recorded through it was Brothers In Arms, it then got sold to A&M Studios in LA and whilst there was used on loads of albums like Rattle And Hum (U2), The End Of The Innocence(Don Henley) Get A Grip(Aerosmith) amongst others. In the 80s a company called SSL came along and it seemed every studio was getting rid of their old Neve board and replacing it with an SSL board so when Air Montserrat went down that route they still wanted some input from my boss and got him to make a sub-mixer to go in the new SSL board.
The frame of the sub-mixer, then installed at Air Montserrat. The first chap to use it with his grubby feet just to the right of our firms handiwork. Who is it? Not my cup of tea,lol The last album to be recorded through it was Steel Wheels by the Stones and then a hurricane struck the island and wrecked the studio, the studio was never used again.
More useless information from me.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 001 (400x259).jpg
    001 (400x259).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 11

allandwf

Possibly useless, but very interesting. Thanks. Having played in various pub/club bands since the late 70s had my fair share of sound "engineers"! lol Most just dabbled. I remember once when a Fagan like character once walked in, long straggly hair, limp, fingerless gloves, the works. Started to tweak the desk what a transformation someone who could operate it and actually knew what he was doing, one of these moments that sticks with you.

Last edited:

Navcorr

Absolutely interesting. That first picture looks like an early Pacman :)
Think I've got all those albums, well, CDs.... Recall buying Steel Wheels for a trip to visit a mate at Portsmouth Poly.
Playing it in the Sud was brill. Driving back without brakes was less brill - in the fog!

Last edited:

allandwf

In no way related to the previous posts, possibly bad timing, but....
Dance With The Dead - Loved to Death
Electronic with more than a hint of rock. Makes good driving music.

Nayf

The Blocks and Escher: Something Blue LP came out this year. Reminded me of the old drum and bass I loved in the 1990s. Been falling back in love with the collection; just a lack of time really.
But this album actually works as an album, rather than a collection of singles.

Navcorr

With all the Rock on the thread can't believe there hasn't been a bit of Meat.
One of the shorter offerings:

Andyk

Bat out of **** is a classic LP.....Anything after it was a bit lacklustre for me. Every record was trying to be the next bat out of **** rather than moving the game on.

Navcorr

A decent article:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...n-meat-loaf-bat-out-of-****-bruce-springsteen