Christian Lewis - round of applause

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Because good service warrants recognition I'm really happy to heap praise on Christian Lewis Performance Cars in Northampton. They did a major service on my GTS yesterday and I'd be astounded if an MD would do such a thorough job. Eddie was extraordinarily knowledgeable and enthusiastic and the setup there is great. Plus they have a few nice cars to drool over while you wait.

I know a few other members use them from time to time but somehow I hadn't heard of them until Voicey pointed me their way. Well worth an early start.

Ed & co, if you read this - thank you. Top job.

StuartW

Good to hear Adam - always nice to know of a recommendation from someone who likes a proper, well done job

conaero

Forum Owner
Adam, see if they fancy sponsorship on here, we could do with an indie in that area.

10% finders fee paid in French lager or one of those 'le fook sandwiches' Dem raves on about!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I think MAF tried to give me a 'le fook sandwich' in Bernay while chatted amicably and peaceably with Damo and Phil out the window two years ago. In fact, I suspect that was the start of my recent woes.

Anyway, good idea - I'll have a word.

Zep

Because good service warrants recognition I'm really happy to heap praise on Christian Lewis Performance Cars in Northampton. They did a major service on my GTS yesterday and I'd be astounded if an MD would do such a thorough job. Eddie was extraordinarily knowledgeable and enthusiastic and the setup there is great. Plus they have a few nice cars to drool over while you wait.

I know a few other members use them from time to time but somehow I hadn't heard of them until Voicey pointed me their way. Well worth an early start.

I second this whole heartedly. CLPC have fettled my car for 2+ years now. I was introduced to Ed by Dave Purvey (formerly of this shire) and recommended by Voicey when I asked him to adjust my clutch. He worked at Aston Martin and then became a Ferrari trained tech who has worked at Meridien Modena and did all their PPIs on Gransports when they were new. He went on to be the Ferrari tech on the TV show 'The Garage' in Marbella and ran his own Fezza indie garage in Cyprus. Christian and Ed worked together at Aston Martin in Newport Pagnell building prototypes - which is why the place is always full of Astons for sale and having work done.

For me they have done a rear wheel bearing, A/C compressor, service work and today my lambda sensors and gearbox oil cooler pipes and have given me loads of advice for the work I have done myself. Ed has spent hours adjusting my clutch until it bites like a shark. All at very reasonable prices and with excellent attention to detail.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
For me it's a bit of a hike, but well worth it. I'm sure with some planning I could work out a really good run from the coast up to Northants, so a 5.30am start and then a day getting under Ed's feet and dribbling over nice cars while mine gets some sweet love and attention is not a bad way to spend time. Ed might prefer I buggered off so he can crack on in peace, and to encourage that they do also have a loaner.

Zep

If anyone is at a loose end waiting for their cars, I only live 5 miles away so would be happy to meet for a coffee....

MrCoop

Is your number plate '89 GC' or something similar? A lovely GTS went past me on the A45 around 10.15ish and I was kicking myself, as I had been contemplating taking the GS out and it would have been nice (in our Maserati owners club kind of way) to have had the chance to make some synchronised noise!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
No MA53 in Grigio Alfieri (my hair on the other hand, is more Grigio Touring these days, sadly). I was there around 8am and back on the road about 6.

MrCoop

Completely agree with Adam and Zep re. Christian Lewis and Ed. I've used them for the past 2 years (recommended by Voicey) and Ed has been nothing but fantastic. I had been a little unsure of not using a recognised Maserati indie, especially when it comes to resale but I'm more than happy with how Ed has looked after my car and that I only live 2 miles away from the garage helps!

conaero

Forum Owner
Just spoken to Ed Blasi at CL and they have agreed to take up sponsorship with SM in August in conjunction with the opening of there new huge workshop.

Ed's very passionate about the brand and did not want to take on anymore work until their new workshop can cater so as not to let anyone down.

No theres professionalism and forward thinking!

conaero

Forum Owner
If anyone is at a loose end waiting for their cars, I only live 5 miles away so would be happy to meet for a coffee....

Well we can do that, Ed is going to hold an open day at the new place for us, I am sure we can all invite ourselves round, Hodroyd style!

Zep

Well we can do that, Ed is going to hold an open day at the new place for us, I am sure we can all invite ourselves round, Hodroyd style!

I'll warn the neighbours to keep their windows shut