Maserati granturismo S MC shift

iainw

I would only buy one wrapped if it was F'in cheap. I would
Want to see the paint quality if it was market price

Hewbie

no problem with you seeing any paint quality id happily unwrap to show a serious buyer if I was still selling, was wrapped because I don't want a black car I'm a lairy *******! she deserved colour!

iainw

no problem with you seeing any paint quality id happily unwrap to show a serious buyer if I was still selling, was wrapped because I don't want a black car I'm a lairy *******! she deserved colour!

I know that's why you wrapped it and you have done some really nice changes on it. One of my friends is tempted to get one and I pointed him in your direction in view of the mods..
I am trying to resist wrapping both my cars but it's getting difficult..think I might compromise with a satin stripe....

iainw

Must be. Sytner are selling it.
My first near miss with Maserati’s was with a Sytner Group. Get full inspection before purchase!
Looks great visually though

iainw

Is it just me or are those photos incredibly grainy and poor res. They don’t even look like they have cleaned it - no shine wahtsoever

Hewbie

Yep it’s my old one,
marios replaced f1 pump before I px’d It for the Mac and gave it a clean bill of health, it also went with a nearly new clutch.

Moz1000

Must be. Sytner are selling it.
My first near miss with Maserati’s was with a Sytner Group. Get full inspection before purchase!
Looks great visually though

I bought mine through the Sytner group. I had it inspected by Marenello Egham (still Sytner, so not truly independent), and a few things were fixed (brakes, rear parking sensors, plus others, etc).

Following delivery I had a few more things fixed under their warranty - torque tube, bell housing bearing, more parking sensors. All fixed with no quibble from the Sytner warranty to the tune of ~£5k.

Happy man with no issues since. I think from the current photos, the subject car had yet to be prepared. However, I'd recommend any prospective buyer to be wary and have his wits about him.

Moz

Hewbie

it needed a detail when i gave it them! looks like it got loaded in manc and then sent straight down there, i only gave mclaren the v5 on monday this week! after getting my plate off it.

iainw

I bought mine through the Sytner group. I had it inspected by Marenello Egham (still Sytner, so not truly independent), and a few things were fixed (brakes, rear parking sensors, plus others, etc).

Following delivery I had a few more things fixed under their warranty - torque tube, bell housing bearing, more parking sensors. All fixed with no quibble from the Sytner warranty to the tune of ~£5k.

Happy man with no issues since. I think from the current photos, the subject car had yet to be prepared. However, I'd recommend any prospective buyer to be wary and have his wits about him.

Moz

That's good to hear. To be fair my experiences were similar - I got it inspected at greypaul and they found a host of issues. Sytner offered to fix most of it but not all. I am just amazed that so many dealers alley and sell on stock without prepping it and telling you the honest issues. I suppose it's the name of the game and they want to make the most money possible.

Hewbie

It’s got a 5k markup from what they paid me for it,
I spent 2.5k on it for the f1 pump week it went into px! Plus the check from Autosheild etc

iainw

Agree- you pay the painful bit then they cash in.
How are you finding the 570s? I am tempted by the 570s spider or the 458. The Maclaren is engineered so well - but it’s bound to depreciate much more than the N/A alternative. Those doors are epic though!

D Walker

Just goes to show, those thinking should buy a used car from a member on here, Stuart’s car was same, I popped in a dealer today looking at a car, asked about clutch wear, not interested, l8ked the car, said but a new clutch in and I will pay asking price, not bothered, will wait for a mug to come along, there you go, had same with Nicks red MC...

Andyk

It’s got a 5k markup from what they paid me for it,
I spent 2.5k on it for the f1 pump week it went into px! Plus the check from Autosheild etc

Sounds about right.....They would need 5k in her to make it work for them.