What is my Granturismo worth?

MrPea

Not a bad suggestion!

The 488 looks great but sounds nasty and belches smoke... at least the one I saw last weekend was like that. A friend in the car behind us was very thankful my Maser was in fine voice to make up for the Fezza.

Also, in the price range you're considering, what about a Newport Pagnell era Vanquish S or even Ultimate? Appreciating by £10k's per year, look the beans and sound totally incredible.

Rags

Thank you all. I am deffo liking the suggestions about the Vanquish and the DBS. Am going to look into them asap. I especially like the Vanquish.

Looks like I have jinxed my Granturismo. All sorts of warning lights went off today........... Now telling me that "ASR Unavailable" "ESC Unavailable" "ABS Unavailable" "Park Off" and to Check Suspensions........the last thing I needed right now.

Rags

Thanks Catman and Felenious. Battery seems to be totally fine but I will put it on charge just in case.

I read that the ABS sensors can be about £600 each?

It was a bit weird. I was driving for about 15 minutes. I then stopped at a petrol station. When I restarted and drove off, it happened. I carried on driving for another half an hour and despite all the warnings the car actually felt fine. I played a round of golf then got back to my car and started it up and again all the warnings came up again. But here is where it gets a little weird - as I drove out of the golf course, the warnings lights went off but the car started jerking. By jerking I mean the engine delivery wasnt smooth. Also the ABS came on with seriously mild braking. All of this happened whilst simply driving out of the golf course at lowish speed. Then a few seconds later and all the warning were back and the engine and brakes worked fine again.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. I retract my battery comment. As it started it clearly isn't that! Now clueless.

To your original topic, take a 599 for a blast.

montravia

In the thread http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/23367-Not-bad-for-a-nine-year-old?highlight=year

I had them same
"
It had began when there was a rush of error codes, ABS failure
MSP failure
Suspension failure
SMOBF failure (SoManyOtherBloodyFailures I've given up)
What looks like a suspension damper at 45 degrees in the display, looking angry
“Take to dealer “
RH Front Wheel bearing including sensors (the LH Front – which is subject to more harsh conditions - looked to have been replaced a little while ago)

CatmanV2

Thanks Catman and Felenious. Battery seems to be totally fine but I will put it on charge just in case.

I read that the ABS sensors can be about £600 each?

It was a bit weird. I was driving for about 15 minutes. I then stopped at a petrol station. When I restarted and drove off, it happened. I carried on driving for another half an hour and despite all the warnings the car actually felt fine. I played a round of golf then got back to my car and started it up and again all the warnings came up again. But here is where it gets a little weird - as I drove out of the golf course, the warnings lights went off but the car started jerking. By jerking I mean the engine delivery wasnt smooth. Also the ABS came on with seriously mild braking. All of this happened whilst simply driving out of the golf course at lowish speed. Then a few seconds later and all the warning were back and the engine and brakes worked fine again.

The ABS sensor is built into the bearing, so yes £600 I'm afraid. The car might well start with a less than perfect battery, which can cause all sorts of alerts. However, in this case I'd suspect the ABS sensor I'm afraid. The signal is used to modulate the brakes and adjust power delivery for the stability program.

Voicey might well chip in with something else.

C

Rags

In the thread http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/23367-Not-bad-for-a-nine-year-old?highlight=year

I had them same
"
It had began when there was a rush of error codes, ABS failure
MSP failure
Suspension failure
SMOBF failure (SoManyOtherBloodyFailures I've given up)
What looks like a suspension damper at 45 degrees in the display, looking angry
“Take to dealer “
RH Front Wheel bearing including sensors (the LH Front – which is subject to more harsh conditions - looked to have been replaced a little while ago)

What was the issue? How was it resolved and what was the cost? Thanks

Rags

The ABS sensor is built into the bearing, so yes £600 I'm afraid. The car might well start with a less than perfect battery, which can cause all sorts of alerts. However, in this case I'd suspect the ABS sensor I'm afraid. The signal is used to modulate the brakes and adjust power delivery for the stability program.

Voicey might well chip in with something else.

C

Ok thank you Catman. I can live with £600 if its that only....

montravia

Replace RHF Wheel bearing
Complete bearing £434.02
Labour 1.2 hrs £114
Total £548
VAT £109.60
Total Inc VAT £657.62

Dick Lovett's

StuartW

As others have said, it certainly points to the ABS sensor & therefore the bearing which is a common fault on these - I had one go on my GTS, but it's a quick and easy job

Ebenezer

Yes had to replace both front bearings because of this. Bearings are fine, but as others have said you can't change the abs sensor by itself as it;'s buid into the bearing.
Eb

Rags

Ok that doesnt sound to bad. Thank you all.

I drove the 991 C4S again on Saturday again and it bored me a touch. There was no sense of event. Maybe its the engine I dont know. I think the C4 GTS is more potent but similar.

The R8 V10 on the other hand is just totally crazy. I think it sounds as good as the Maz in Sport mode if not better. Its still on top of my list. I will try the Vanquish next weekend and revert.

The 599 doesnt appeal to me. I am also going against the thought of a Ferrari. People will just think I am a prat and hate me? What do Ferrari owners experience on the road, at petrol stations, high streets etc?

iainw

Could someone explain why you would buy an Audi you will lose 45k on in first three years and not a 458 which will arguably lose next to nothing.
Looks? Speed? Provenance? I just don't get it. I may be totally missing the pint

BuckRog64

+2 for the R8. A "supercar" you can use as your daily driver.

Can't comment for Ferrari's in general, but my 355 Spyder was generally appreciated by ladies and boys of all ages, even with the absurdly loud sports exhaust. I think the thing to do is acknowledge the admiring glances with a wave and a tout rather than ignoring everyone.