Opportunity or madman?

ChrisQP09

Seriously considering making this guy an offer but could the 'easy repair' cost >£4,000? Assuming no chassis damage, I'm thinking new bumper, boot and maybe some lights and parking sensors could be a steal!

However, interior is GT S spec but car looks like a Sport GT and clutch/brakes could need done. There is likely no service history but MOT history looks 50/50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-MASE...181544?hash=item3d38eed628:g:IVAAAOSw5UZY-zyF

allandwf

I saw that and thought who would repair that, it looks terrible to start with, sorry. I suppose if the price was right, and damage was superficial......

ChrisQP09

I saw that and thought who would repair that, it looks terrible to start with, sorry. I suppose if the price was right, and damage was superficial......

Well might be a wing and a prayer but thinking 4k assuming the damage is superficial!

Keano

Does not look like it was a clean one before it was smashed. Pimp white, lamp clusters and badging blacked out.. run away

GeoffCapes

If the boot is up like that the floor pan is bent. Had the same thing happen on an E-Class Merc I had.
Obviously that was a much cheaper fix, and that was nearly a 7 grand fix.

Wack61

I assume it's a wrap so depends what it would look like when the gangsta has been removed, you can't make an offer on a car like that without seeing it in the flesh

ChrisQP09

Going to ask him if he would consider breaking her as I want the carbon bits for future purchase and a brake calliper for up cycling piece.

iainw

That's what I never understand. Car experts selling -'easy fix' repairs for a 'bargain price'. More often than not they have found something that makes it prohibitive to repair and try one on.

Navcorr

That's what I never understand. Car experts selling -'easy fix' repairs for a 'bargain price'. More often than not they have found something that makes it prohibitive to repair and try one on.

Exactly this ^^. Reading everyone's thoughts, to keep the musical comments going, to answer the original question:

[video=youtube;EZC6Ot1MLP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZC6Ot1MLP0[/video]

highlander

even if it goes at current price of 6.75k and you can keep proper quality repairs down to 4k (which I doubt) being a cat car This is probably close to being financially unviable IMO and now more likely to be bought by someone looking to fix on the cheap and move on quickly.

ChrisQP09

I see through the easy fix rubbish but other than a quid, thought there may have been an attractive price for this. Waiting on reply for breaking carbon pieces up