Maserati 4200 Spyder

zagatoes30

Maserati 4200 Spyder - SOLD

The time has come to move on my Spyder. Most on here will know its history prior to my ownership it belonged to Matt and subsequently in my ownership it has undergone significant improvements all documented on this forum.

For Sale: *** NOW SOLD ***

2003 Maserati 4200 Spyder (52) with 63k miles finished in Blu Mediterraneo with tan interior, one of the best colour combinations especially for a Spyder. MOT runs to November 17

IMG_1309.jpg

Exterior & Interior

Bodywork finished in Blu Mediterraneo and after a recent visit to the bodyshop to address some minor lifting of the lacquer on the bonnet, passenger mirror and some minor paint chips it is looking absolutely stunning. Originally a Classico but at some point prior to Matt and my ownership it was fitted with a facelift front bumper which in my opinion really suits the car. The car is fitted with the optional Xenon lights including headlight washers.

Tan leather with matching carpets all in excellent condition, slight wear mark on the drivers bolster but regular treating has ensured no further deterioration and is hard to see unless looking closely. The only other signs of wear and tear are slight flaking of the chrome on the ventilation surrounds. There is the optional manufacturers wind deflector fitted between the rollover hoops. One of the known issues with 4200 is the condensation from the air con causing water to drip into the passenger footwell, this car has had the dash completely removed and a modification to ensure that any water now drains outside of the car.

Engine

Standard 4.2 dry sumped V8 producing 390 BHP. The engine has covered 63K but has been well maintained especially in the last 5 years. It recently has had the 2 year big service where all fluids including gearbox oils have been replaced. The secondary air system pipe across the front of the engine has been replaced but otherwise the engine has been trouble free.

Gearbox

6 Speed CC box with new clutch, flywheel, gearings and sensors replaced at 54k. Gearbox had the original software which although aggressive in bite overall provides a much better drive the later softer versions. The gearbox has also had a brand new actuator fitted, new F1 pump & relay & new valve set. The change is now as good as any out there and is a joy to use in both normal and sport mode.

Brakes

Brakes replaced with Sports Maserati brakes and fitted with yellow stuff pads all round. During my ownership all brake pipes have been replaced with new and all rubber pipes have been replaced with braided alternatives. ABS ECU and valve set has also been replaced.

Suspension

Fitted with optional Skyhook suspension it is still supple but firm. The recent service identified the start of a crack in one of the rear wishbones and this was replaced. All other wishbones checked annually and no other signs of damage.

Exhaust

Sports Maserati X pipe with modified GS rear boxes. This car was one of the test beds for the SM exhausts and is still in excellent condition. It delivers a fantastic burble under normal use with a real snarl when driven hard especially in sports mode where that distinct crackle and spit can be heard.

Wheels & Tyres

Wheels refurbished a couple of years ago and are still good, one mark on the right rear but once again in excellent overall condition. Goodyear Eagle AS2s all round with a spare set on Continental Winters available if required. Original wheel bolts have been replaced with the stunning stainless ones from the forum which are a joy to behold.

Summary

Not the cheapest nor lowest mileage Spyders out there but probably one of the best. Emblem carried out a pre purchase inspection for me when I bought it from Matt and they identified a number of issues most of which have been addressed during my ownership. It has been solely looked after by Darren & Miles at Emblem and on the last service in March Miles commented that it is one of the best Spyders for it age. that they look after. Potential purchasers are more than welcome to talk to Miles who will confirm that during my ownership the car has been maintained regardless of cost.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

Maserati 4.jpg

Moon - 1.jpg

StuartW

Fantastic Andy and an excellent purchase for someone looking for a well sorted, well known car. A good time of the year to buy, ready for the summer - good luck with the sale, it looks a delight

rockits

We all know this is a cracking example well known, well looked after & well sorted. If anyone is in the market for a Spyder then they need look no further.

If I was in the market for a Spyder it would be bought already.

GLWS Andy. Must be hard to let this one go? What is the replacement going to be?

Mr.Cambio

Very good job done on this car Andy and for me the best colour combination. I missed that you had the facelift front bumper.Good luck with the sale.

conaero

Forum Owner
Lovely car and some fond memories in it.

I did all the cosmetic and irritating detail fixes and Zag got lumbered with the more costly ones but the result is someone will get them a very reliable car which they can relax and benefit from all the time, money and effort it maintaining this car to the highest level.

zagatoes30

Thanks for all the kind comments on here and FB, just need one of you to buy it save it going on the open market for all the keyboard experts to chip in with there unfounded comments

zagatoes30

There is a Maserati Sypder in the current Pistonheads £100k garage, so perhaps a post over there will see it sold quite quickly..
https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-100k-garage/-100k-garage-roman-goroshko/36145

Similar age and miles to yours, but you have the upper hand on the colour combo, and obviously the face lift looks better ;)

*runs and hides*

Chris
Hopefully getting it up on Pistonheads tonight as we have now got to the bottom of the lifting lacquer issues on the front end which has been a complete pain to sort out.

zagatoes30

OK so a few leads on here seem to have all not worked out for various reasons so it will be going on to PH and some other sites over the weekend. If it sells it sells if it doesn't I have a nice run around for the summer and can take advantage of the recent service, repaint and new rear tyres.

Thanks for all those who have commented positively and for those on here who showed interest.

highlander

OK so a few leads on here seem to have all not worked out for various reasons so it will be going on to PH and some other sites over the weekend. If it sells it sells if it doesn't I have a nice run around for the summer and can take advantage of the recent service, repaint and new rear tyres.

Thanks for all those who have commented positively and for those on here who showed interest.

Surprised a car with forum provenance has not been snapped up by those on the hunt? Shame if it goes outside the forum.

zagatoes30

So bloke turns up in this today

IMG_2856.jpg

So a quick run out in the Spyder and then a run out in the F12, deal done Spyder sold

highlander

Really pleased for you Andy, although I am sure it was just a little bitter sweet, especially if it has gone outside the forum circle.

zagatoes30

It will be sad to see it go but the time had come and the market is certainly in the right place to support taking a punt on the price