Selling my Stradale

hoyin

You top man!!!! I thought the 720s was the pinnacle of technology currently. The driving zone is amazing.

I assume you haven't actually driven one yet though?

9ede116f8ee6137cbb5b7f3d9fcb2681.jpg
41058c53798aa8114944f9f7dea68977.jpg
7330444a4d1748893bbdbe24cd6f7edf.jpg
76e6cbc68b5cd259d24a0d639e7b8761.jpg
a439bf712761de859f9e01d9f24ff7a9.jpg
bdd757e4e645ac212cd3cb67a51da443.jpg
8e5003b67dd89358c8ff9c1dfb93a0ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes!!! Awesome car well done Yeti that is the best McLaren yet (apart from the P1 and F1) :D

What a car...... can't wait to hear your thoughts.

bigbob

Brilliant news. I know that this is a big step up rather than a step over but with Maserati failing to develop it's sports cars more and more people will leave the stable.

I was talking yesterday to someone who has an A45 AMG. Whilst it's a different car completely, it would destroy my car on the road.

Yeti

Some interior shots. Note the mats are an after-market set that I had made. I still have the originals (black) unused and a Burgundy set, also unused

Internal-01.jpg

Internal-02.jpg

Internal-03.jpg

Internal-04.jpg

Internal-05.jpg

Yeti

Trust me Bob, if I wasn't convinced FCA were deliberately allowing Maserati to wither and die, I would stick with them, but in truth it is highly unlikely that they will ever market anything like a Stradale again. If I could afford to keep her I would, but the 720 is going to be a real stretch so sadly she has to go. At least I still have Red Shed, so not deserting the brand completely.

Brilliant news. I know that this is a big step up rather than a step over but with Maserati failing to develop it's sports cars more and more people will leave the stable.

I was talking yesterday to someone who has an A45 AMG. Whilst it's a different car completely, it would destroy my car on the road.

Yeti

Driven one? Haven't even SEEN one.......

Good to hear you were impressed though

You top man!!!! I thought the 720s was the pinnacle of technology currently. The driving zone is amazing.

Andyk

Great choice as said....Don't really think the Italians get a look in with what McLaren are doing these days. I drove a 12c and that blew me away so the new cars must be epic.

iainw

I was seriously thinking of a CLA45 AmG before I bought the maserati. Seriously fast, practical and sounded good.
Just was a Tiny bit boring. Not something you can say about the 720! Fantastic - just stunning

MrCoop

The CLA45 is pretty rapid but is very plasticky in basic form. You really do need to spend big money to get a nice spec. And then there's the noise. The salesman was adamant that the sound isn't enhanced through the speakers but I'm convinced it is. It sounded too 'tinny'. But it is rapid and it did put a smile on my face. A couple of months back, there were some cracking lease deals and I was half tempted but came to the conclusion that a) I'd get bored of it pretty quick; and b) it didn't really suit a 44 year old who is starting to go grey rapidly!

iainw

The CLA45 is pretty rapid but is very plasticky in basic form. You really do need to spend big money to get a nice spec. And then there's the noise. The salesman was adamant that the sound isn't enhanced through the speakers but I'm convinced it is. It sounded too 'tinny'. But it is rapid and it did put a smile on my face. A couple of months back, there were some cracking lease deals and I was half tempted but came to the conclusion that a) I'd get bored of it pretty quick; and b) it didn't really suit a 44 year old who is starting to go grey rapidly!

I am with you on both those points to some extent... We would get bored of it, but I am a bit younger than that , but probably considerably greyer!
The lease deals were tempting .I did consider having it as a 'second car' but I prefer my testicles where god put them. If I had bought it as well, my wife may have removed them.

hoyin

Driven one? Haven't even SEEN one.......

Good to hear you were impressed though

Top top top man! You bought one without even seeing one!

The glass canopy is quite amazing. Visibility and openness within the cabin is quite amazing.

How long is the lead in time before delivery?

Ewan

Brave to spend something in the region of £230k (with modest extras) on a car not yet seen. Good for you!

What are you thinking of as depreciation over the first two years - maybe the value of a good used Strad (circa £75k)?

ChrisQP09

Brave to spend something in the region of £230k (with modest extras) on a car not yet seen. Good for you!

What are you thinking of as depreciation over the first two years - maybe the value of a good used Strad (circa £75k)?

I would say whatever this drops off, won't be long regaining. The market for models such as the Long tails have serious demand, and I'm sure the OP has been debriefed as to the potential uplift of this model given it's apparently a limited production of #400. I would honestly safe it's a safe bet!

Ewan

I didn't realise it's a limited edition. That will certainly help. Especially if there is already a waiting list and the book is closed. If it's not sold out though, there is bound to be an initial hit, as otherwise you'd buy new.

ChrisQP09

I didn't realise it's a limited edition. That will certainly help. Especially if there is already a waiting list and the book is closed. If it's not sold out though, there is bound to be an initial hit, as otherwise you'd buy new.

I understood the 400 were sold out, not sure whether OP was one of the lucky few or his one just came up. I def cannot see this model being +500 as they normally release a competing Spyder with about the same level of demand.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
According to Autoblog:

"The first production example of the McLaren 720S has been finished at the supercar maker's Production Centre in Woking, England. A 400-car launch edition series follows Job 1, and all of these have been sold already, according to McLaren. In addition to these cars, a batch of 800 720S models are expected to be built in 2017, and next year will see 1,500 cars roll out of the factory gates."

hoyin

According to Autoblog:

"The first production example of the McLaren 720S has been finished at the supercar maker's Production Centre in Woking, England. A 400-car launch edition series follows Job 1, and all of these have been sold already, according to McLaren. In addition to these cars, a batch of 800 720S models are expected to be built in 2017, and next year will see 1,500 cars roll out of the factory gates."

So there is no limit to the number?

Sweet! I look forward to picking one up in 5 years time.