Maserati Ashtray Script

miket

Ok chaps following on from last years cuff link success from my jeweller in India, I was wondering if my he could make replacement ashtray scripts in silver/gold or platinum, whatever takes your fancy really! As you know you cannot buy this from Maserati as a separate item and just comes with a full ashtray, what I'm looking for is a donor with a script that I can take with me for an appraisal for costing of manufacture and/or make a mould from, alternatively can someone make an impression of their script we could use as a mould?

Any and all suggestions welcome to further this I cannot be the only one with a missing script, I simply purchased a vinyl script off flea-bay for brake callipers to remedy mine, it does the job but every time I look at it I just know I would rather see a shine 3D script in its place, come on guys help me make this happen!

midlifecrisis

Mine is intact, what's best to make an impression with. And how do you get it off?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Corranga

I also don't have one. Wasn't sure if mine was actually missing, or if some cars came without as it doesn't look like there is anything missing (if that makes sense!), there is no trace left behind.

safrane

There are two small holes for the script to fit to...if you have a face lift it may not have one.

highlander

Cufflinks are great. The one slight issue I have is they are *sharp* Not sure how long my cuffs will last with regular wear :)

C

Not worn mine yet but agree re worried they will catch when I do. Plan to get either a 2mm thick bit of high gloss plasti glass or brushed copper, grind down to an oval and drill in the middle for the back to go through.

CatmanV2

Not worn mine yet but agree re worried they will catch when I do. Plan to get either a 2mm thick bit of high gloss plasti glass or brushed copper, grind down to an oval and drill in the middle for the back to go through.

Interesting idea. I thought I might just get some fine wet and dry or similar. Just to take the edge of as it were.

They are still very nice, though

C

Corranga

There are two small holes for the script to fit to...if you have a face lift it may not have one.

Ah ok, face lift and no holes, so that's explained my car is whole after all.

Still... might be up for adding one of these :)