Maserati Ashtray Script

markp4200

I have had this too and Emblem had the answer; it would have been far to expensive to get the whole darn ashtray.
So they kindly used an old 'Cambiocorsa' Script from the glove-box and it fits perfectly; covers the holes and, unless one is a total perfectionist, you just don't notice the difference.

Corranga

I have had this too and Emblem had the answer; it would have been far to expensive to get the whole darn ashtray.
So they kindly used an old 'Cambiocorsa' Script from the glove-box and it fits perfectly; covers the holes and, unless one is a total perfectionist, you just don't notice the difference.

Maybe on your car, mine's a Coupe GT ;)

FIFTY

Any progress on this one?

I can supply an imprint of my broken one if someone else has broken the other half we'll have a complete one lol

miket

If it's going to happen I need to get a move on with this! Just need a willing volunteer with a fully intact script...

FIFTY

I'll try to remember to ask around at Festival Italia if no one comes forward before then

miket

Does anyone know if the script could be 3D scanned and printed, could then be hydro dipped for the chrome !
I'm thinking it could be a cheaper alternative, thoughts anyone?

FIFTY

I asked a friend of mine who thinks he knows a lot about 3D printing and he said it probably wouldn't look very good. The original would have been injection moulded and chromed. Although he just might not have wanted to help!

Another problem with a replacement pastick one is that it will probably just catch on your sleeve and break again which is why I liked the idea of a silver metal one

Masera

Just curious, why don't you guys do away with ashtray and replace with a cup holder and not have to worry about the script? I bought a custom made one from Lorenzo. My script was good and did not want to waste it, so I ended putting on my phone holder mount.Mas Cup Holder.jpgMas Phone Mount.jpg

miket

I asked a friend of mine who thinks he knows a lot about 3D printing and he said it probably wouldn't look very good. The original would have been injection moulded and chromed. Although he just might not have wanted to help!

Another problem with a replacement pastick one is that it will probably just catch on your sleeve and break again which is why I liked the idea of a silver metal one

Good point, well made! The original plastic script is very weak....

Scaf

I am probably missing something, but why don't you buy a cheap plastic one and send that off as the pattern for the new silver metal one - ?

FIFTY

The script is part of the ashtray (not sold seperately) and I think breakers are asking £150+ for an ashtray with an intact script... not sure if maserati produce the part anymore because it was only on the classic shape 4200 pre-2005

CatmanV2

Gents I have sourced and ashtray with complete script for not very much. It's in the US but I can get it sent back by one of my team. How much of a hurry are you in?

C